email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account hacked and reported three times but no contact

Tigerseye1
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

My email address (an old Tiscali email from 20 yrs ago) has been hacked and I can't access it. The back-up phone number is no longer in use and I have reported this to Talk Talk three times, each time being told that I will need to wait for up to 72 hrs for a response. I received one call after the first logged incident but was unable to take the call and no return call details were left.

Since then, despite being given two further incident numbers through live chat, there has been no response at all. I'm going around in circles - how can I get this resolved as a matter of urgency? I have no account with Talk Talk, just my email address.

Mark Platt
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Tigerseye1, please add the affected email address to private notes in your profile and I'll get this sorted for you today. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi Mark, you're welcome.

TalkTalk Community Team's email expert will hopefully pick this up tomorrow and on verification will in a matter of hours have a new ultra-strong password ready to secure your account.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5
Thanks for your speedy response - I have provided all the details now as, unfortunately, no alternative was set up.
Mark Platt

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi Mark

How good is your memory?  Do you remember over the last 20 years if you previously set up password recovery for the email address with an alternate email address even if the recovery mobile number is no go? You could use the Reset your Password option.  Try that to see if it comes up with the hints to any recovery options.

If not, you'll need to prove you're the registered user of the tiscali email. Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) your name, current address and phone numbers and then scroll down and add all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number linked to the tiscali email address when first registered
  • Full postal address linked to the tiscali email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team
    (for security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them)
  • Save changes.

The TalkTalk Community support team will verify the user details recorded for the email address. The email expert will reply here to help with account or password recovery.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes