Need help?

Email account hacked, password changed but still generating draft emails

ANSWERED
kazziebear1
Popular Poster
This IP address is showing blacklisted on 15 sites
Gondola
Community Star

It's no surprise that the Spanish IP address that's the originating IP address for spam messages is listed by so many anti-spam blocklist agencies. I see the Omani IP address is listed by 5 anti-spam blocklist agencies as reported by mxtoolbox.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

kazziebear1
Popular Poster

Do you think it's best I go directly to Talk Talk now about this problem, I'm not sure what else I can do without them getting involved now.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi kazziebear1 

I do think that TalkTalk must investigate two things.

• How the system has allowed two geo separated IP addresses to access the mailbox via webmail
  • If the stay signed in browser persistent cookie is allowing a hacker to stay signed in even following a password change (this shouldn't happen)

Ady will pick this up next week because it needs referring via the mail team and platform vendor and I don't imagine the tech support will be able to do that more effectively than Ady.

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

Gondola
Community Star

Hi kazziebear1 

Following on from your observations about setting the time out to 5 minutes and leaving the webpage and not being signed out. I have retested here and confirm that my previous advice is correct.

• i.e. Set the Automatic sign out for 5 minutes
  • Sign out of TalkTalk Mail to register the automatic sign out setting
    Select the Exit TalkTalk Mail button (or wait for the 15 second timeout)
  • Sign back in to TalkTalk Mail
  • The 5 minute automatic sign out will take effect
    The webpage will sign out whether it's on a browser tab or not
    This does appear to override the browser setting to stay signed in

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi kazziebear1, please add either your landline or account number to the private notes section of your community profile and make sure the affected email address is in there too. I can then raise a fault ticket for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.