email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email account hacked

CJB147
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Help needed!

I am trying to sort out my mums email address which is a homecall.co.uk one but it would appear that someone has hacked her email and changed the password. On attempting to reset the password it will only go to the homecall email or a gmail address that she doesn’t own. As she no longer receives her homecall emails via her phone, I am now a bit stuck as she doesn’t have a talk talk account because it’s just the legacy email address that she uses.

Any assistance would be appreciated 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi CJB147, as you've already been told. Get mum registered on here so that I can help her get this sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi CJB147 

The way to recover access is to help your mum to register with Community and to request help here. 

A compromised email account will trigger a password reset or blocking of the mailbox to help secure customer data. She will need help to recover access.

Mum needs to know that as she's not a TalkTalk Consumer (home broadband) customer the mailbox may get restricted to webmail only access unless subscribed to   TalkTalk Mail Plus to retain the use of a TalkTalk Mail email address. To subscribe needs the email password so first TalkTalk need to verify that she is the registered user for the email address.

When verified, new Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing her to set a new password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

If she doesn't know how the password came to be discovered I'd suggest scanning her email devices for viruses and malware before changing any password.

When she does get access via the TalkTalk Mail sign in check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting mail messages.

Main Settings menu (triple line icon top right header - mobile browser? use the desktop version) > Settings > Select the arrow by Mail / Email in the side panel > select Auto forward - untick Enable > go back to the side panel and select Filter rules - if there are any select Disable or Delete.

Advice on using TalkTalk Mail

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution