email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email address no longer valid

ClintSteel
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Had one email address for years @talktalk.net . I cant use it to log in to my account as its not recognised. I can now only access via webmail and not on my ipad anymore. Although if i pay 50 pounds i can have 5 email addresses!!! Time to change provider i think 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi ClintSteel, I can help you get the email added to your active account. I've sent you a personal message to get more information.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

ClintSteel
First Timer
Message 2 of 8

Thanks for the explanation if Talktalk can move the existing email address to the new myaccount that would be good thanks 

Message 3 of 8

Hi @ClintSteel 

Good news is that your email address is recognised.  You can access via webmail so you know the current password is working.

Email Password recovery indicates you have a mobile number and alternate email address registered. 

The Forgotten password button in the help article Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery.  If the password recovery options are recognised then when you need a password reset you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

The response you had from this Community was that your email address had already been used by you to register a previous username other than ClintSteel. You cannot use the email address to register multiple usernames.

The customer MyAccount indicated you had already registered for a MyAccount. If you've forgotten the email address that you registered with then you can get a reminder sent to your linked mobile number (assuming you haven't changed the number) by following the forgotten my email address link.  I see you used that journey. Was it not successful?  What was the outcome?

If you know the email address you used to register for MyAccount and you can still access that address then use the MyAccount send me a link to login journey. https://auth.talktalk.co.uk/login

If you know you registered MyAccount with your talktalk email address then the MyAccount sign in password is the email password. And the email address is going to be listed in your MyAccount.

Now, where it can get to be a problem is when the email address is added to an archived MyAccount because you've had to register a new MyAccount for a new broadband service. The new MyAccount would have to be registered with a different and initially a non-TalkTalk email address.  just as Community wouldn't let you register with the same address as previously used for an older username so MyAccount doesn't let you use an email address linked to another former MyAccount.

So, if this is the real issue then probably best if you let TalkTalk move the email address from the old MyAccount to the new MyAccount.

What's your take on what I've mentioned?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

ClintSteel
First Timer
Message 4 of 8

Ive spent hours on this today going round in circles

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

OK, just in case the authentication system has dropped your address, prepare

for TalkTalk Support by including in your Community Profile:

• Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address, notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

Please take a screenshot of where your email address is not recognised. Image edit to obscure the first part of the address and upload here using the camera icon or picture icon for a mobile device.

What happens if you use the Forgotten password button in the help page Changing your email password 

ClintSteel
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

It doesnt recognise my email. I can access via webmail using the same email address 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi ClintSteel 

If you have a mail message from TalkTalk about restriction or deletion of your TalkTalk managed email address and mailbox then add your TalkTalk mailbox address to a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband MyAccount to avoid deletion after 180 days. After 60 days the mailbox is restricted to webmail only access.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in. This is to check that the email password is working. You'll use that password to add the email address to your customer MyAccount.

Here's the advice article on managing your email in MyAccount