email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email attachments

Carol6258
Team Player
Message 20 of 20

I am not receiving email attachments from one particular company.  I receive their emails but there is not attachment.  I receive attachments from other emails so my email box isn't full

Help please

Carol
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20

If one device is getting the attachments it's not the TT mail servers causing the problem it must be a setting on the devices that aren't receiving the attachment. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

I presume so, dont know

Other things come through 

I am begining to give up ....

Carol
0 Likes

Message 3 of 20

Are all your devices using the same email settings as the laptop? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 20
Sorry for not coming back I assume so they are coming from a small property mgt company
Carol
0 Likes

Message 5 of 20

Are they using the same mail app and the exact same mail settings? If one device is receiving the attachment then they must be getting through the mail system.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Yes laptop doesn't, tablet does.

Carol
0 Likes

Message 7 of 20

Ok thanks. Just to be clear one of your devices received the mail and attachment, but the others didn't?

Ady

0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

72kb pdf. and there was nothing in the email

Got it on my tablet, but not on laptop and no paperclip on laptop 

Carol
0 Likes

Message 9 of 20

And what size are the mails including the email and PDF in total? 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 10 of 20

Apparently they are PDF. docs

We get them from other sources 

Back to you, as sorry 

Carol
0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

The absence of a paper clip icon does suggest that the email is not actually carrying an attachment @Carol6258Is there no file size displayed either?

As OCE Ady requested, what file type should be attached: .DOCX / .TXT / .RTF / .PDF / Other, and ........................... do you receive the same file type from other senders?

I am still inclined to think that the sender is not dealing with the file correctly, for whatever reason - unacceptable format maybe!

~R.

Message 12 of 20
Help please .....
Carol
0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Hi, I have received things that are 34kb, 90kb from other people

I have also received an email with 2 attachments of 92 kb and 71kb 

what i dont receive from this company is a simple letter attachment or any attachment.  In my inbox there is no paperclip shown either

Carol
0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

What files are they attaching and do you get the same file types from other senders? What size are the files you're receiving and what size are the files you're not receiving. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Help please

Carol
0 Likes

Message 16 of 20
No Ady, i haven't had a response with an idea of what to do !  can you help please.  i get email attachments from other people, just not from this one company.  I get them on my tablet.  I get attachments from other people.  Is it a setting ??
Carol
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 17 of 20

Hi Carol6258, it looks like your getting the help you need already. Please let us know how you get on.

Ady

0 Likes

TheHornedOne
Insightful One
Message 18 of 20

@Carol6258 wrote:

I am not receiving email attachments from one particular company. 

There is always the possibility that no attachments were in fact undertaken in the first place @Carol6258;  I have certainly been guilty of that in the past!  Have you checked against that possibility with the sender?

~R.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 19 of 20

Hi Carol

Are you using Windows Mail and not seeing the attachments there? Is it a specific file type like pdf or an image file?

Have you tried signing in to your online mailbox to check for attachments?

Enter your email address and your email password, select Sign in.

Attachments will be shown with the classic paperclip icon.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution