email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email creating drafts

BevTalk62
Participant
Message 7 of 7

Help please.

Trying to send photos from iPad. Have selected three pics and then chose email option - usually this takes me to a blank email page where I compose the text to go with the photos. 
However, today I am taken to a blank Draft where there is a spinning wheel and the word loading. why am I being shown draft/loading? Must admit didn’t have

time to wait but wonder if it was because of the size of photo?

is there a place in settings where I can select preferences for sending mail? How do I do this. Any help appreciated. Thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi BevTalk62, please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

BevTalk62
Participant
Message 2 of 7

@Gondola @Thanks for the advice. I will have another look and check the size of the photos. Dad is a hobby photographer, so they are not just snaps. 

Message 3 of 7

Hi BevTalk62 

Prior to iOS9 (the iPad operating system) there was a limit of 5 photos in one email but from iOS9 you're ok with more images so long as the total size of the email does not exceed the 25MB size limit. So, for 3 photos so long as each is not more than 7MB in size you should be ok with your method of email sending. With photos exceeding 10-12MB in size I'd say it's more reliable to send individually.

You can always upload large image files to the iCloud sharing service and email a link. This is particularly useful if sending multiple photos to many people.

Share iPad photos

The alternative method of sending photos by email is to select the Mail app first and add the photos as attachments.

Add photos as attachments to email

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

BevTalk62
Participant
Message 4 of 7

@Gondola @Yes, I can send and receive emails when going direct from the mail app icon on desktop. The draft issue only happened when I went into photos, selected the 3 pics, then used the forwarding icon (square with upward arrow) and chose mail from the icons displayed there. From that point I get the blank screen which shows Draft in bold, (usually it shows new message?) till I add a subject. The spinning wheel appears and it says loading, but does not seem to complete. (I should add this issue is actually on my dad (81) iPad and I am trying to help him remotely, so the simpler info the better 😆 he often mails photos of varying sizes and has never had this issue, they usually load as a small square with jpeg and a size, but now it goes straight to draft. In case it’s relevant, the email address is an @@tiscali. co.uk one set up following instructions given here in February.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi BevTalk62, Gondola will help get this sorted for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi BevTalk62 

Is your email on the iPad working normally? i.e. you can select Mail and both see and send email messages?

Check your email in Mail on the iPad

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution