email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email down for 48 hours??

Glauco
Conversation Starter
Message 18 of 18

My main mailbox has been down all morning. I started a chat and was told to try again in... 48 hours! "It should be fixed by then." I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. As if it's remotely acceptable in this day and age to leave customers without access to their emails for 2 days. This, after I just renewed my contract. Perfect.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18
0 Likes

Glauco
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 18

Emails working again for me, thank goodness.

Message 3 of 18

Great stuff, thanks for letting me know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 18

Now functioning fine for me, since c 10.45am, @Ady-TalkTalk. Messages coming in in no particular order, but at least they are there! 😊

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 5 of 18

Thanks for retesting everyone I'll feedback.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 18

Have added my affected address in Private Notes after triple checking, @Ady-TalkTalkNot resolved. 

robink
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 18

Re. recent comment from @Ady-TalkTalk "I've been asked to have everyone retest as they believe the fault is already fixed.". Just re-logged into webmail - no change and client (desktop) email also still not working. This is for my wife's account - details are in the private notes section of my profile.

Glauco
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 18

emails.png

Glauco
Conversation Starter
Message 9 of 18

Nope, stilt no access via both webmail and IMAP, still no emails since Friday. I've never known an email outage to last this long, the very least we could be given is an explanation of what's taking so long. Very poor service.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 10 of 18

I can send from but not receive mail at my Talktalk.net address, @Ady-TalkTalk. Nothing has come in since Friday.  Retested just now.

Message 11 of 18

I've been asked to have everyone retest as they believe the fault is already fixed. 

Ady

Message 12 of 18

I've raised this over to the incidents team to be investigated. Hopefully, we'll get a quick fix now. 

Ady

Glauco
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 18

I added the email address in question to the private notes, thanks

Message 14 of 18

Hi Glauco 

So that TalkTalk Support can co-ordinate the issue of those mailboxes that are on the Mail platform server that is not currently accessible: Would you kindly add, and note the email address that's not accessible, in your Community profile, Private notes - in the My Settings   Personal Information page - at the bottom of the page immediately above the Save Changes button that you'll then need to update the page.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Message 15 of 18

Hi Glauco 

Agreed. It's a local issue at the TalkTalk Mail platform and some mailboxes are not being accessed. I've reported the issue to TalkTalk.

I'm sure it's just a temporary issue with a platform server holding some mailboxes.

Glauco
Conversation Starter
Message 16 of 18

Hi, I get an error message: Unable to connect to e-mail server. Possible reasons: The e-mail server is (temporarily) down or there are network connection problems. Please try again in a few minutes.

My domain is talktalk.net.
It's been like this all morning. I have another talktalk.net mailbox and that one is working fine. 

I access by IMAP but that's not working either. I was told it's problems at TalkTalk's end.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

Hi Glauco 

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Do you see your mailbox?

After checking webmail access is ok, tell us how do you normally view your mail messages? What is your email domain? The part of the talktalk address after the @ symbol?