email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email down

jeanrees0723
Conversation Starter
Message 23 of 23

Oh here we go again. Email (I use webmail) completely unusable for the last few days. If I manage to log in it is only briefly functional. That stupid message appears in red, 'could not connect to specified mail server. Please check your account settings'. I have those useless conversations with TT by phone and 'chat'. They don't help. Waste of time as they refuse to accept it is anything to do with the current so-called 'Upgrade'. Went through a laughable process of going to 'settings' to relink. These have been exactly the same for ever and - of course - this charade has made no improvement at all. And that enigmatic 'null' is also back: what is that? (appears instead of Inbox heading). Why doesn't the company keep us advised and reassure us that many others are similarly affected. Also where is the update on problems being fixed?

17:04 update. Absolutely no progress and the latest 'Chat' disappeared! I have refreshed the browser etc. Nothing helps. AND NOW the whole Talktalk webmail page is a blank.

22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

Hi jeanrees0723, your mailbox is at 6%. If you regularly delete unwanted or read mails you're unlikely to hit the 10gb limit. If you do approach the limit you'll receive an emailed warning. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 23

Very interested to read this. How do you find out how full/near capacity Mailbox is. Any advice and information much appreciated. All best, J

0 Likes

Message 3 of 23

Sadly not. If you use a mail client you could delete entire folders, but in webmail it's 50 mails at a time. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 23

Thanks @Ady-TalkTalk is there a quick way to clear my whole mailbox out ? I have backups of everything.

Jonathan Brook
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 23

Jonathan, your mailbox is at 103% so most functions will start to fail if not permanently at least intermittently. You need to delete thousands and thousands of mails to get a suitable level. Currently you're 500mb over the limit so that much has to go to get to 100% then you need 5 percent more minimum.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 23

Thanks @Ady-TalkTalk I've added these details to my profile, appreciate your help with this.

Jonathan Brook
0 Likes

Message 7 of 23

Hi Jonathan, please add your affected email address in the private notes field of your community profile and post back once you've added it. I can then take a look at your mailbox.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk,

I've been unable to receive any tiscali email for the last couple of days (I can still log in to see my folder and send email).

Intially it said it was out of space so I cleared a few months of email from it.

Now when I send email to it I get a message saying 'the email address you entered could not be found'. Is there a problem with my account ?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Jonathan Brook
0 Likes

Message 9 of 23

Ok thanks for letting us know. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 23

Yes.  It seems to be intermittant - today it's loading okay without any issues.

A black sheep in a family is usually the one telling the truth.
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 23

Does it do the same in different browsers?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 23
Today it is working just fine!
When it's playing up, basically I can log on, the page then loads and I'm prompted to enter my log on details again. At this stage the screen reloads but it is just a white screen.
As I said, today it is working fine.
0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

Hi Carole-UK, what error are you seeing?  Please add the affected email to your community profile in the private notes section.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 23
Aaarggh! I can't access my emails again! Exactly the same issues as earlier in the week!
0 Likes

Message 15 of 23

Thanks for posting back to let us know it's working for us. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 23

Jean in Bristol here: don't want to jinx anything! but fingers crossed, email seems to be working today and quite quick. Delighted, long may it last. However, have received some particularly nasty 'girlie dating' scam mails (one so dangerous my security would not even let me copy the Header details to forward to Talktalk 'abuse' address, so who knows what vile intention embedded there). Still, I don't receive many dozens of spam stuff each day as in the past, so filtering function at TT has definitely improved. 

Thank you for informing us of resetting. Please, please forewarn and keep us posted of such events; they must be planned and scheduled in advance, yet we never know until system goes down. And each person is unaware that everyone else is experiencing same problems...

0 Likes

Message 17 of 23
Mine's been fine all weekend. Thank you.
0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

Hi all, apparently we've reset the servers on Friday night. Please let me know if you're still having the same problems. 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 23

Am having same problem in yorkshire; no accessc to my emails? Anyone suggest a solution please.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 23

Sorry to jump on your thread, but in a way I am glad it isn't just my Webmail page that is totally blank.  I can log-in, as normal but then I am left with a white screen.  It has been like this all day today.  I'm no longer an actual paying TalkTalk customer, but I still like to access my '.....@talktalk.net' emails.

0 Likes