Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Email from Aol.co.uk not getting through

ANSWERED
12 REPLIES 12
naszdom
Whizz Kid

Someone has sent me several emails from an aol.co.uk account but they have not got through.  Emails going the other way to the aol account do get through.  I have tried sending myself an email from my own aol account and that too does not get through.

I tried sending an email from my aol email account to mailinator.com.  That got through.

Emails therefore appear to be leaving Aol OK but talktalk is blocking them.  Is there any reason for this?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @naszdom 

There are currently delays in delivery of mail to the TalkTalk Mail platform. Some mail is getting through promptly but other mail messages are being buffered and, if accepted for delivery, will get delivered in due course.

It's not an AoL issue nor is it AoL mail being blocked.

If the TalkTalk MX server receiving inbound mail cannot cope with the request to deliver mail then there should be a bounceback error indicating to the sender that mail is not accepted for delivery.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

naszdom
Whizz Kid

That probably explains it.  I seem to getting emails from other sources with only a second or two difference between the send time and the receive time but nothing has come in from aol yet. 

naszdom
Whizz Kid

Having posted the previous message I then received the email from no-reply@community-notifications.talktalk.co.uk.  That was sent at 16:25 but was received 17.01

Gondola
Community Star

Just to see if there was any error message for AoL Mail incoming I sent a talktalk.net address a message from AoL Mail.  Delivered within 2 minutes. Delays are significant in some instances and minor in others.

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

naszdom
Whizz Kid

So it is not domain specific and your latest no-reply@community-notifications.talktalk.co.uk got through in one second.

I have tried sending another message from aol.  Still no joy.  They seem to get lost in the ether as they don't seem to get  bounced back

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @naszdom 

Just to let you know that all mail including off-platform mail inbound for TalkTalk is being delivered promptly this morning (19 Nov).

There is still some mail accepted for delivery yesterday and temporarily stored being delivered to mailboxes. I'm keeping an eye on the situation.

Let us know if your mail delivery isn't back to normal.

naszdom
Whizz Kid

I have been to Aol and tried to send myself another message. That was over 15 minutes ago.  It has not arrived yet. 

At the same time I noticed that the two emails I sent yesterday were finally bounced back at 18:35 and 20:35 yesterday with the message "Unable to deliver message after multiple retries, giving up"

naszdom
Whizz Kid

The email I sent from Aol today was bounced back at 16:16.

All mail including off-platform mail inbound for TalkTalk is not therefore being delivered

I attach a copy of the bounceback details provided by Aol. I hope it is of use to someone.  I cannot make head or tail of it.

Gondola
Community Star
Solution

Hi @naszdom 

The reason you get an undeliverable bounceback from AoL is that you're trying to send to a talktalk.com email address. The domain is not a valid TalkTalk Mail email address.

Try again with talktalk.net as the domain.

naszdom
Whizz Kid

What an idiot.

That comes from just clicking on a drop down list

Just tried again with the  proper address and it came through.

I have also checked with the sender of the original message.  There the address was correct and although it was sent a couple of times it neither got through nor has been bounced back.  However, emails are now coming through from that address.

Thanks for your patience.

Gondola
Community Star

No worries.

Always here to support members through the thick and thin times.

We appreciate you taking time out to let us know that AoL mail is now coming through ok. Always good to have your feedback.

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi naszdom. it's good to see that Gondola helped you get this sorted. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.