email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email hacked - password and recovery details changed

Spongyspyman
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

My email password and recovery details have been changed and I can’t find any way of contacting Talktalk to get my email

account back. 

Can anyone here help?

Thanks

Simon

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi Simon, I've sent you a personal message to obtain some security information. Please answer all the questions 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4
Thanks Gondola, hugely appreciate you very prompt, and comprehensive, reply. I’ve updated my profile and will wait to hear from TT CS.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi Simon

The hacker has comprehensively locked you out it seems.  I'll let TalkTalk know that the mailbox has been compromised, password and password reset options changed.

A TT Staff member will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up Reset details with your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

To proceed, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current landline and mobile contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address needing recovery and Save changes.

In due course a TalkTalk Community TT Staff member will reply here (probably Monday) and then Community Personal Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address.

When verified the Reset details will be set up within 48 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

If you don't know how the password came to be discovered I'd suggest scanning your email devices for viruses and malware before changing any password.

When you do get access via the TalkTalk Mail sign in check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages.

Main Settings menu (triple line icon top right header - mobile browser? use the desktop version) > Settings > Select the arrow by Mail / Email in the side panel > select Auto forward - untick Enable > go back to the side panel and select Filter rules - if there are any select Disable or Delete.

Advice on using TalkTalk Mail

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution