email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email has been hacked

PhatDaad
Participant
Message 31 of 31

HI email has been hacked and password changed, unable to reset as password reset sends link to email account I can't access. How do i proceed. customer centre currently closed.

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Message 1 of 31

Great stuff. Thanks for posting back to let us know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 31

Excellent news.

We do appreciate your time in letting us know. Thank you.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 31

Thanks Ady and Gondola for your help and support. Back into emails and resecured account. 

Message 4 of 31

You're very welcome. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 31

Thanks Ady, much appreciated.

Message 6 of 31

Thanks for the extra information. I've raised the request to have the Password Reset Details updated for you. It will complete within the next 24 hours. To check just click on the Password Reset Tool intermittently. 

Ady

Message 7 of 31

Morning Ady PM reply sent for you 

Message 8 of 31

Hi Ady PM sent with info.

Message 9 of 31

Thanks for confirming the security information. Please provide an alternate email for password reset in a PM.

Ady

Message 10 of 31

Thanks Ady iIve not been able to get on due to work, i've replied to your PM

Message 11 of 31

Hi PhatDaad, apologies for the delay in replying. I had to take emergency leave on Friday.  I see the password reset tool hasn't been updated yet. If you need help to get this done please reply to the personal message I've sent you. 

Ady

Message 12 of 31

OK, thanks for the update. The security team should be able to secure the mailbox with a password reset. And from Monday the mail team can check the reset details if you gave those to the Twitter team.

Realistically you ought to be back in control early next week.

Message 13 of 31

Had a good chat on twitter and have had escalated to fraud and support advised it will be next workinmg day (Monday) and 5 working days to resolve? Can't confirm if account secured.😠😢

Message 14 of 31

Community support by the TalkTalk UK team is normally office weekdays only. I don't expect to see any TalkTalk staff this weekend.

Message 15 of 31

Thanks Gondola, does support work weekends?

Message 16 of 31

Thanks Gondola, its a very poor show 8+ hours waiting about online with zero acknowledgment from support team. Still no info if account has been secured by support team as per your reply last night. As far as i can tell i'm in exactly the same spot as i was last night ands no further forward with little in the way of being able to influence an outcome. 😠

Message 17 of 31

As it's gone 4pm on a Friday and there's a 24 lead time for setting up new reset details it'll be into next week to get this issue resolved

More help outside normal hours is via   Facebook or  Twitter from the social media teams. They're part of the same team that support Community if you feel like using them to get the issue registered.

PhatDaad
Participant
Message 18 of 31

Still no response 🙄

0 Likes

Message 19 of 31

Thanks Gondola, your help is really very much apprciated. its just the frustration of not being able to do anything to move it forward or seeing or knowing of any action that is moving it closer to resolution.

Message 20 of 31

Hi PhatDaad 

As you can see, I pushed this topic into the workflow...but I don't have visibility of workflow progress or what Ady or the other team members are doing unless they post.