email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email needs receipt date on "today's" emails

Jb-50
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

Emails received today only show the time of receipt. I need to print some emails and these need to show date and time of receipt. Presently I have to wait till tomorrow to print these as the date appears on yesterday's and earlier emails received.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

@Gondola That's done it, thanks so much. I was printing by right-clicking and selecting print but will now do it the way you have shown me.

Message 2 of 8

...I suspect the printing is being done direct from the browser rather than using the print option in TalkTalk Mail but I'll wait to see what @Jb-50 says.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

I can pass on your comments to the team and ask if it's possible to add the date to today's mail, but it's not something we're getting lots of feedback on. That doesn't mean it won't happen, obviously costs decide the outcome really. I'll post back when I hear back. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi @Jb-50 

I've rechecked and although today's emails just have a time display on screen the printout always has a date and time top right for each email.

Todays Date Printing.png

When you select the Print option you'll see a preview. Do you not see the date and time in the preview?

If you're printing direct from the browser or the screen then what's printed is what you see on screen.

So, to print the email:

• Select the email
  • Select the More Actions triple line icon in the email view
  • Select Print from the drop down list
  • You'll see the print preview
  • Then the printer options

Email - Print.png

0 Likes

Jb-50
First Timer
Message 5 of 8

@Ady-TalkTalk , @Gondola , Thanks for your answers. I have tried Gondola's suggestion. This sorts my problem for emails received yesterday or before but does not solve it for emails received today. Emails received today still show only the time of receipt and if I print one no date of receipt is printed.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 8

Hi Jb-50, it looks like Gondola has given you exactly what you need. Please let us know if you need anything further. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi @Jb-50 

In TalkTalk Mail there's a View option for the date display.

View Options Exact Dates.png

• Select View from the right side of the toolbar
  • Select Exact dates from the drop-down list
  • The date will now be shown in full when the Exact dates option is ticked

View Options Exact Dates Ticked.png