email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not receiving on Mac Mail

Chris1001
Chat Champion
Message 8 of 8

I see quite a few posts that email not receiving messages on PCs for the past two days. I have the same for Mail on Mac. Affecting @talktalk and legacy tiscali and ukgateway accounts. Can send OK and all working on web, ipad, iphone and have not changed any settings.

It's not unheard for TalkTalk email to randomly do this on desktop for a few days then go back to normal operation but never sure if your techies actively do something to fix it or it just sorts itself. Flagging it up here in case there's a problem that needs addressing.

For info, Mail says unable to log in to respective SMTP and POP servers (says verify SSL support for POP but as affects SMTP that's probably not the cause).

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Chris1001, I've had no confirmation that we've made any changes yet. We upgraded to using TLS1.2 around about 12 months ago or more. I'm awaiting confirmation to find out if we've made any permanent changes that locks out use of older clients. There's a constant need to increase security for the benefit of all customers and this may mean pain for users of older equipment and software. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

TalkTalk Mail webmail via a currently supported browser will connect to your mailbox.

Thunderbird for Mac is supported for your device and will connect to your mailbox and other current email softwares are probably available. I did look at Airmail as an alternative for Mail for the Mac but that supports OS 10.12 and later only so not supported on your device. So if you do look around then check on the minimum hardware requirements.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Chris1001
Chat Champion
Message 3 of 8

I'm using OSX 10.11.6 which is as recent as I can run so assume TLS not supported. Will there be any fix for this or is Thunderbird the only solution (that doesn't involve a new Mac!)

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Chris1001 

What version of Mac Mail are you using? And the device and Operating System?

The issue affects older email softwares that do not support TLS 1.2 connection security. eg. Apple/Mac Mail prior to OS 10.12 Sierra. The customer action required is to sign in to TalkTalk Mail webmail to view mail messages and or upgrade OS / email software to current versions supporting TLS 1.2 connection protocol.

If you cannot upgrade the OS then download Thunderbird for Mac and that will work.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Chris1001
Chat Champion
Message 5 of 8

Hi Ady, Is this issue going to be fixed or is it going to be a "your mail program is no supported" response? Seems to be a lot people affected.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 8

This has now been passed to our mail provider OX for further investigation.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi Chris1001, there's an incident open for this. You can check for updates on the service status board. In the meantime you'll be receiving mail normally in webmail.

Ady

0 Likes