email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not receiving on Mac Mail

steveHG
Participant
Message 6 of 6

I don't know if this is the same problem, but my Apple Mail fills all messages with ???? symbols. It seems to have happened since I upgraded to MacOS Monterey. Has anyone else had this? There doesn't seem to be a later version of Apple Mail. There is no problem using Talktalk mail on the web server. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

I suspect at it follows another Apple upgrade that Apple will be the best team to fix this for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

steveHG
Participant
Message 2 of 6

Hello. Me again. Apple solved this problem after a long set of changes/tests but another one has occurred with Mail with the latest Monterey upgrade. This time all "pictures" embedded in the Mail app have disappeared with just a question mark in an empty box. Any suggestions? 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 6

Hi steveHG 

The advice from TheHornedOne is sound as this was a reported issue by some users when they upgraded to MacOS Big Sur. I'm confident that it is not a problem with TalkTalk Mail. But let us know what Apple Support say or what you discover yourself.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

TheHornedOne
Insightful One
Message 4 of 6

Yes it's a known problem @steveHG; Apple Mail uses Apple installed fonts; so run a check in Font Book, for invalid fonts, which could be as a result of the upgrade!

~R.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi Steve

We've not yet seen this reported here before. Have you contacted Apple Support?

Do you have any anti-virus / Internet security product active? We have seen reports of receiving mail being impacted by Internet security issues. Worth disabling the security product if there is one installed.

Is the issue confined to just a TalkTalk Mail account or all email accounts?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes