email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not sending

TeeBeeUK
Whizz Kid
Message 11 of 11

Only sent a couple of emails today so why would I get this message please:

An unknown error was returned from the SMTP server.

Subject 'Videos featuring Heather Wastie'
Server Error: 453
Server Response: 453 4.2.0 rmSwebBiG59cn Sorry, we can’t send this email at the moment because you’ve sent a lot of emails recently. Please wait an hour or so and then try sending your email again. For more information visit our help article (link:  help2.talktalk.co.uk/i-cant-send-or-receive-emails) (TT603)
Server: 'smtp.talktalk.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC61
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi @computerman

I've replied to your own topic - click or tap here...

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

computerman
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 11

Have same problem

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

It may just be a glitch, but keep an eye on it and let us know if you see it again. I can always raise a fault ticket for further investigation if it persists. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Every couple of months I send out a pdf to 4 'groups' of people (a society newsletter) through Windows Live Mail. There are no more than 24 in each 'group'. I've never had this problem before and I've been doing this regularly for about 4 years now but as I said the problem seems to not be there now. I have had problems with emails bouncing back as undeliverable from members with Yahoo and BT email accounts in the past though.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Not even a couple of mails but to large numbers of users? I only ask because that error code is normally related to email addresses being unknown or incorrect in relatively large numbers. By that I mean say you sent 1 mail to a group containing 50 recipients and our system identified 10 to be unknown, incorrect etc. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

The problem seems to have gone away now. But to your question the answer is No. Only a few. Certainly less than 10.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi TeeBeeUK, had you sent a lot of mails the day before within the same 24 hour period? 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11
Never, ever had this problem before. Always used port 25.

Message 9 of 11

Thanks.Tried that still no joy.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @TeeBeeUK

One reason could be that you're using port 25.

Try:

Outgoing Port: 587
Outgoing Security: STARTTLS
Outgoing Authentication: Yes

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes