email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not synchronising

rightfoot_shifter
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 5

I use outlook for Talktalk e-mail. It synchronises from the webmail. I have multiple e-mail accounts so its the best way for me to view them all together. I've only had a problem with this system before when there has been a problem at talktalk end. I have now this problem since yesterday morning. Has anyone else also recieving these errors?
Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for xxxxx@talktalk.net.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for obscured for customer security Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Thanks again, all is working now following your last suggestion. No idea why re-entering the password should correct the issue, it was the same.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi rightfoot_shifter 

Having checked the password is ok all you'd normally need to do is re-enter the password when prompted by Outlook and save the password.

In some cases removing the mail account from Outlook will be needed if Outlook data has become corrupted and then reinstating the mail account. But I recommend that you stay with the IMAP account setup.

Email settings: Email settings - IMAP or POP3 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Hi thanks for obscuring that oversight. I have gone through the process you have outlined. Logged into my Talktalk webmail OK. Sent myself a test message. It appears in Talktalk Webmail both in sent & inbox folders. It has not arrived in Outlook. Outlook using IMAP successfully up to now. Converting to POP3 in latest outlook is a real PIA.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @rightfoot_shifter 

I've obscured your email address from public view as we don't want the undesirables of society seeing it and sending you spam.

There has been an issue with sign in password authentication for the mail server. Hopefully you'll not have changed any passwords. Some password changes may not have been registered on the server.

So, to check your mailbox password and check the mailbox is functioning normally please check the sign in to TalkTalk Mail. Tell us if there's an error message or if you can sign in ok.  When signed in send yourself a mail message from and to the same mailbox address and check the message is in the Sent objects folder and appears and stays in the Inbox.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

0 Likes