email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not working following AVG security identification of a 'threat'

gilly101
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

I have had AVG (Free) installed on my computer for some years, with no problems. Today, it apparently identified a 'threat' with the talktalk app and identified and closed down over 500 incidents, and I am now unable to open and access my email account. Please help.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Thanks for helping other community members here ukoldgit. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 10

@gilly101 

You're very welcome.

Technology is great when it works but a pain when it does'nt.

UK Old Git

Message 3 of 10

Hi gilly101 

Good to know you're back in control with the best practical help from our Community members.

Thanks again to ukoldgit for the assist.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

gilly101
First Timer
Message 4 of 10

Thanks to you both. I followed ukoldgit's simple instruction and it worked like a dream. So relieved. Thanks again.

Message 5 of 10

Thanks for your additional support 'ukoldgit' - I'm sure it's appreciated by 'gilly101' as well as me.

Message 6 of 10

@gilly101 

Open AVG, click on Menu at top right and then click settings, a window should open which has Exceptions, copy this https://apps.talktalk.co.uk  click exceptions then click on Add Exception and paste the link in an click on Add Exception.

I had exactly the same problem and this cured it.

Hope this helps.

UK Old Git

Message 7 of 10

Hi gilly101 

If you follow the AVG instructions then AVG will stop blocking access to your TalkTalk webmail. Others have regained access. Have a go and let us know how you get on.

0 Likes

gilly101
First Timer
Message 8 of 10

Thank you for your reply, I have had a quick look at the AVG guide, but I am such a technophobe, am not sure I'll be able to follow the instructions. In the meantime, I am unable to access my email account. If I somehow succeed in following the guide, will it then restore my email account - it told me it had closed down over 500 'incidents' and I have no idea what this means?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi gilly101 

Your AVG anti-virus has logged a false positive. I suggest you add https://apps.talktalk.co.uk as a trusted site / exclusion from scanning to your anti-virus.

Here's the AVG guide to adding an exception to prevent the false positive result.  AVG Scan Exclusions