email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not working through Outlook or Ipad

Superhez
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 11

I previously added to someone elses post but just starting my own thread in the hope I will get some help.

I have two talk talk emails, both were working fine through my outlook and ipad for months, on Wednesday one kept asking for password and not receiving mail, although still sending mail. I changed password but made no difference so I deleted the account from both Outlook and Ipad now I can't even set them up again, on Outlook I get the message "we couldn't connect to the incoming imap server"   

On ipad I get - "cannot get mail - the username or password for mail.talktalk.net is incorrect. Both username and password definitely correct.

I have tried changing settings as suggested on other threads but no joy.

Still able to access mail through webmail but it's far from ideal, help?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Superhez, that means you're part of the incident. You can track the progress of the incident on the service status page.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Have tried that several times, still getting the O2 message and still cannot add account on ipad or outlook, getting a bit tiresome now.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi Superhez, have you removed the mailbox from the mail client and added it back? This should get rid of the O2 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Just to mention I also get the o2 message when trying to set up email on my ipad as mentioned in other threads (not with o2)

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Still unable to set up account in outlook or ipad, outlook says we were unable to connect to the imap server, check your email and password (they are correct. Same on ipad.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 11

Hi Superhez, I've repaired the mailbox for you. With the IPAD it's also worth removing the mail account and adding it back. Please let us know how you get on. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi @Superhez

Actually I wouldn't worry too much about the password. Just hang on for the OCE to do a repair. Then you'll be able to use the new password.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Have updated my profile.

You've lost me a bit there, do you mean to set up outlook with original password? Tried adding the email account again to outlook with original password but just keep getting the password pop up box and can't get past it

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 11

Hi @Superhez

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your TalkTalk landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add the email addresses to Private Notes and save changes. The TalkTalk Community support OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account and check out the email accounts.

Two related issues here. The lack of emails incoming and now the password change causing lack of recognition of the account.

Webmail is working and the password change should be reflected there ok.

The email accounts should have been able to send via the talktalk smtp server and if you've changed the password then that password change should be updated on the email client outgoing smtp server side.

As for incoming emails, the lack of sync of incoming emails is an issue that can be fixed by a mailbox rebuild / repair and I expect the password change to be corrected at the same time. In the meantime you'll probably find the incoming server side will accept the original password. But it won't correct the lack of sync of incoming emails so you'll need to rely on webmail for that just for now.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Superhez
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 11

I am having exactly the same problem, until Wednesday had two talk talk email addresses linked to outlook on my computer and iPad both been working fine for months. One stopped working but other working fine. Can access both through webmail. Have tried deletin* and re adding the one that stopped workin* and changin* password but no joy, will not even set up on outlook again as it just says there is a problem, but can still access via webmail. Help!