email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email not working

Andy Glover
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I am getting an error message on my Outlook mail and Webmail. It reads Server error: '453 4.1.1 94HJmCmAz2YhL Too Many Recipients (TT502)'

I'd appreciate help resolving this issue. Thanks.

AMRG
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

No problems Andy.

Welcome to come back of there are still issues.

Just to say that the mail platform will take measures to protect against spam and hijacked accounts. One of the detections that feed into the spam protection is geographic separation of access points. So, if it has logged an access in the UK and another concurrrent login in Holland, say, it'll trigger a stop or a rate limit on sending.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Thank you for your very clear response. I suspect it might be a VPN issue as there as been recent upgrade. Its also possible it could have connected to a non-UK server. I will check when I connect that its a UK server. As a precaution I have changed the password on the email. Many thanks for your help with this.

AMRG
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

The error message indicates that your mailbox has been used to send to hundreds of recipients over the last 24hours. The limit on sending that's now applied will be fully reset in 24 hours and partially recovered in the run up to a full reset. 

If your personal sending of mail doesn't fit the numbers indicated then either someone else has been using the mailbox or a lower rate limit has been applied. 

Changing and upgrading the password would secure the mailbox. 

A lower rate limit may be applied if sending from another country and that includes using a VPN host in another country. 

What's your take on what I've mentioned?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution