email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notifications of Facebook posts not being received.

CloudIII
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 7

For the last month, I have not been receiving email notifications of Facebook posts. I have checked my Facebook and TalkTalk settings and these all appear ok. Is it possible the email notifications have somehow become blocked by TalkTalk? I am not aware I have changed anything to cause this problem. Any help to overcome this issue would be most appreciated. Thank you. 

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi CloudIII, if Gondola has got you sorted then please mark the post that fixed it for you as best answer.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 7

Facebook advice on adding and removing email addresses from your Facebook account https://www.facebook.com/help/162801153783275

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 7
Hi Gondola,
Thanks for your reply. As far as I'm aware, it's only Facebook messages I'm not receiving. I've just sent a message to myself and this was received ok. It also appears in the sent objects folder ok. How do I verify my mailbox once more?
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi @CloudIII 

Check the TalkTalk mailbox is working as expected.

Compose and send a message to the mailbox address. Check the message sends and is copied in to the Sent objects folder and then arrives in and stays in the Inbox.

If the only messages not being received are Facebook notifications then that may suggest Facebook is no longer sending. If there was a period when your mailbox was not accepting messages then Facebook may have stopped sending until you verify your mailbox once more.

Message 5 of 7
Hi Gondola,
Thanks for your feedback. I've looked at my Auto Forward & Filter Rules and these are both clear. Can you think of anything else which is causing my problem?
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @CloudIII 

To link this topic to your TalkTalk service please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc and then save changes.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Check there's no Auto forward or Filter rule diverting your mail messages.

Main Settings menu (triple line icon top right header - mobile browser? use the desktop version) > Settings > Select the arrow by Mail / Email in the side panel > select Auto forward - untick Enable > go back to the side panel and select Filter rules - if there are any select Disable or Delete.

If you find any unauthorised settings then change the mailbox password.

Advice on using TalkTalk Mail