Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Email password changed - works then NOT

5 REPLIES 5
stonewales
Conversation Starter

Was told to change email password so did then logged into the mail worked fine then logged out and in again works fine .

Got the mail pushing to my outlook 2013 ran and mail shows up fine after changing password .

only 5mins later try outlook and asking for password for account ..

talktalk web mail put in new password and wrong try again now this is happened three times just today 😞

stonewales
Conversation Starter
just done it again and its doing the same with the login password for the talktalk account whats going on ????
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @stonewales 

Please check the sign in to TalkTalk Mail (webmail). Tell us if there's an error message or if you can sign in ok.  This assumes your mail is on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

If you can sign in ok then you've got the right password for the mailbox on the TalkTalk Mail platform. So now you just need to set Outlook to use that password and make sure you select the save password option so it's there, saved and ready for the next time you wish to download mail to Outlook.

If Outlook is not presenting the correct credentials to the mail server due to corrupted or wrongly saved credentials or the effects of external software, like an anti-virus app, follow these steps.

• Check Email settings from the TalkTalk Mail Support Hub
  • If using a POP3 account, backup and save downloaded mail messages
  • Remove the mail account from Outlook and close Outlook
  • Restart and restore the mail account to Outlook (IMAP recommended)
  • Check that the Outlook option to save the password is set
  • Close Outlook and disable any email anti-virus scanning
  • Restart Outlook

The steps should clear the Outlook error. Restart the anti-virus app.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

stonewales
Conversation Starter

Outlook is still working since i did not log in after changing the password on the email so not logging in as its working since all the other times i changed it i logged in and its was fine for a few mins then it stopped working online and with outlook but since late last night its been working fine with outlook and that fine with me .

Gondola
Community Star

Hi stonewales 

Grateful thanks for confirming that Outlook is working. If you've saved the current working password in Outlook then it'll likely remain working. Feel free to bookmark the above guide, just in case.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi stonewales, thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.