email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email problems

chemist
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 5

My I pad has recently stopped email use. Not sending or receiving emails.

I would like to reinstate the email address etc on the iPad but cannot see how to do so. I have long forgotten the original password since it has not been necessary to use it to have the email working.

I do not know whether my recent purchase of an up-to-date Microsoft Outlook and conversion of my desk top to IMap from POP is the cause.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi chemist, thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Nice one Gondola for your support as always. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

Hi chemist 

Yes, one mailbox one password and with IMAP accounts on all devices they'll each mirror what's in the online mailbox.

Thanks for taking time out to let us know you're back in action on both desktop and iPad. We always appreciate your feedback.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 5

Thanks again.Gondola.  Have reset password. Didn`t realise it was the same one for  iPad and desktop. Now working.

Chemist

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @chemist 

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPad has the advice you need including removing / deleting the mail account first to avoid problems of corruption on the device if that's what stopped the mail working.

If this email account is just an additional way of collecting your desktop emails then the mailbox password is the same on the iPad as it is on the desktop.

However, if the iPad email is for a different email address / mailbox then you'll need the Forgotten password button in the Help advice Changing your email password 

You'll need to have set up Reset details in advance. So, if you only get the option to send a reset to the email mailbox you cannot access because the password is long gone then let us know as you'll need help from TalkTalk to set up Reset details for you.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution