email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email sticks then sends multiple copies!

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 21 of 21

I tried sending a couple of photos to a friend on Sunday - total package 5mb.The email kept sticking and then saved itself as a draft. I now find that she got it 7 times - last time I looked it had saved 3 draft copies. I hadn't signed in since then so why does the system keep sending them when the machine is not even on?

Almost worse than them not being sent at all!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
20 REPLIES 20

Message 1 of 21

Thanks for letting us know it's ok ish for now. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 21

The email I sent this morning as a test was from my PC.

I have just succeeded in sending another test from the smartphone and it was received fine. 

Still can't open all messages for my TT account on my smartphone [some do, and some do some of the time, but not all of the time .....] in the email app, but I have them forwarded to my gmail account still and can open them there. Not perfect, but OK-ish!

My phone is a basic Alcatel Android - shockingly poor, but when I tried to challenge Three about it they just stonewalled. I won't worry too much about this, Chris, as long as my forwarding from TT to gmail continues to function and I can keep in touch with people somehow. Will post again if I seem to be getting stuck!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 21

Just to be clear, the email that you sent today that worked fine, was that also sent from your smartphone or from a different device?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 21

The tests I tried sending from the email app on my smartphone never showed up and have never been seen again in any box!

I have just sent myself a test email from talktalk to gmail and it reached gmail fine today!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 21

Hi Gliwmaeden2,

How are you getting on, have the emails that you sent now appeared?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 21

At PC: very worried as it opened in "drafts" and took quite a while to show an inbox at all ......

Eventually it reappeared.

Still no sign of what I attempted to send yesterday.Those have just dematerialised!

0 Likes

Message 7 of 21

I can see 3 test emails received (successfully forwarded onto gmail) this morning at 11.14. 

My computer is painfully slow with Windows 10 trying to upgrade itself and its latest installation failed so I am hardly getting anything done on there just now. So far what I sent as a test directly to my gmail address last night hasn't shown up.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 21

I've made another change to your mailbox. Let me know if it makes any difference please. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 21

Having successfully set up my account on my smartphone, after following tips from Gondola to somebody else, I nevertheless cannot open email on the phone to read the body of the message and what I tried to send is stuck in the outbox. Will check at PC later in the week, but there seem to be continued problems.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 21

Thanks keep in touch.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 21

Thanks, Ady. I'll see if I can spot any patterns in it if I sign in more from my PC and will report back to this thread if there are further problems.

Good performance late on Thursday was post a successful Windows 10 batch of updates and there have been more than the usual number of cumulative updates over the past month. Other webmail worked fine throughout though....!

0 Likes

Message 12 of 21

I'm not seeing anyone else reporting this issue. Is this only affecting mail you send with attachments? There haven't been any updates to the software and won't be now as the new platform is due to start trials very soon. It may be the repair has fixed the problem with your mailbox. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 21

Very strange. I checked back in to my talktalk.net webmail and this time it shows 7 copies of the more recent batch of pictures as being saved in drafts.

I didn't do anything to save them in drafts - "Pictures from yesterday" are sitting there from me simply composing the email on 6th May and seem to have saved themselves 7 times between 17.00 and 17.08.

However, in "sent" at least it only shows them sent once, at 17.08, and I phoned the recipient today to check and he only received them once.

So it has unfolded in a different way from the photos I sent in April that appear to have been sent 7 times and received 7 times, but this is still not satisfactory, as I don't want 7 copies of things materialising in drafts and cluttering up my total mail allowance!

It is also disturbing for the user not to be able to control any of this - how can I trust any of these webmail functions to be truly doing what they say they are doing when there is all this strange behaviour going on?

Who is in charge of this software ..... not a very skilled programmer...? Really peculiar!

Update c 11pm: Have just sent pics and for the first time in several weeks everything happened smoothly! 🙂

I've deleted the multiple draft copies from "drafts" from the previous efforts as I really need to start tidying my mailbox. It definitely seemed to be running as a smoother version of the software this evening!

0 Likes

Message 14 of 21

Thanks I'll be here waiting. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 21

Three test messages have been forwarded from my TT address to my smartphone gmail. Can't get to the PC to log in and check Talktalk.net webmail till much later this evening.

The first lot of photos relating to the problem from the start of this thread were received 7x by the lady. Could end up being really annoying for people.

Will post again tonight when I have had time to check.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 21

Hi Gliwmaeden2, how many mails are duplicated when you hit send? I've run a few tests and they all worked ok, but obviously that's a very limited test. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 21

The problem is continuing. I definitely only clicked once to send and 6 copies had already transferred to drafts. I phoned the recipient and warned him he'll be getting multiple copies.

I shouldn't be having to do this, Talktalk, and it does nothing for your reputation.

Didn't even try to send similarly to my mum and used Hotmail instead, which worked perfectly (on basic software version). TT's current service level is not even up to basic when it comes to email. 

😞

Message 18 of 21

It won't be too long now before the new platform is in place and issues like this should be a thing of the past. 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 21

I lost track of how many times it stuck. Puzzling that it saves multiple copies to draft and then sends them ALL!.... and not even while I am signed in! Normal drafts don't be have this way.

Not good that the user has no control over it.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 20 of 21

My guess would be that each time it stuck it later sent. Did it stick about 7 times?

0 Likes