email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email was hacked in October i have access to my emails but still no access to my account.

Cazza20
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

My account was hacked in October receiving an email with the hackers providing my login and my password which they had got through talktalk.  They also gained access to my amazon account  putting blocks on my email so I couldn't reset anything. After lots of work it was finally sorted and I have access to emails and passwords were changes. I have spoken to online chat 3 times since October as I still can't access my online account through my account. It still says there is a technical problem I was told it could take 28 days to sort out twice now but it has been 7 months. It was all a bit tricky as I have a tiscali email address. Is there any way I can get an update of what's happening.

Caroline Bartholomew
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

I've escalated this to the team who manage incidents affecting MyAccount. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Cazza20
First Timer
Message 2 of 10

I have access to my emails and no problem with my password  so I don't need a reset. When I go onto 'my account' to login to check my details etc it accepts my password but then it won't let me in since I was hacked in October it comes up with  I can't log in due to a technical problem. I have tried resetting my password and this didn't change anything I have been told twice on chat it will be fixed and can take 28 days but still not working.

Caroline Bartholomew
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi Cazza20, thanks for confirming all the information. I've raised the Password Reset Tool update request for you. The process will complete in 24 hours. You can check for when its completed by intermittently going to the Password Reset Tool

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Cazza20, can I take it you don't currently have a TalkTalk Broadband or MailPlus account? If not please answer the questions in the new personal message I've sent.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi Cazza20, I've sent you a personal message to obtain more information. 

Ady

Cazza20
First Timer
Message 6 of 10

I have only just seen these messages sorry didn't realise you would get back to me so quickly. I think I have completed the information now.

Caroline Bartholomew

Gondola
Community Star
Message 7 of 10

Thanks for updating your details. TalkTalk Support will be online in the morning to take a look at your MyAccount for you.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 10

I see you're still signed in to Community but haven't yet updated your Community profile which is asked for so that TalkTalk can identify your account.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi Cazza20 

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email address and account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

0 Likes