email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email

SteveF11
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

I have seen an old post stating what happens to your email address when you leave talktalk. This was back in 2019 and i would like to know what the latest status is. The old post said that the email stays live for 12 months and after 12 months you will be notified of due expiry  and given sufficient time to pay for talktalk email plus at £50/year. I s this still correct as of today 15/11/1??

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi SteveF11, I've very sorry to see that you are having to leave after 15 years of being a loyal customer. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

Hi SteveF11 

If you do leave TalkTalk and take MailPlus to retain the use of your email address and do subsequently rejoin TalkTalk Consumer to take a home broadband package then your MailPlus subscription would automatically cease when the new MyAccount has the email address / mailbox added because TalkTalk Mail is included free with home broadband.

Heads up that TalkTalk are trialling full fibre with voice and will have Wi-Fi Hubs with Voice service Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) as a new offer. Currently though the full fibre offer does exclude voice service.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

SteveF11
First Timer
Message 3 of 5

Gondola

Many thanks for the information. I am leaving talktalk after 15 years as they cannot improve my broadband speed of 15mb download (Need better service for UHD content/streaming) where I live unless I take their 150 data only plan but losing my landline at this present time is most inconvenient. I see that I have no choice than to move over to Sky who do a similar deal but I get to keep the landline via internet service. Losing email is equally inconvenient but at least this can be resolved or kept via the talktalk plus scheme. Why talktalk are providing this plan seems somewhat crazy and i guess a cost saving exercise. Thanks again

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi SteveF11 

You'll not be able to subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus until you leave TalkTalk and your customer MyAccount indicates that your broadband service is disconnected. On leaving you'll be invited by an email from TalkTalk to consider subscribing to TalkTalk MailPlus to retain the use of your email.

If you choose not to subscribe then you'll receive a mail message from TalkTalk about limited access or deletion of your TalkTalk managed email address and mailbox.  You must add your TalkTalk mailbox address to a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus MyAccount to avoid deletion after 180 days. After 60 days from the first mail message subscription invitation / notification from TalkTalk the mailbox is limited or restricted to webmail only access.

The one-off price for TalkTalk MailPlus is still £50 / year or a rolling £5 / month by UK bank direct debit.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution