email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails Bounced By talktalk.net

Bradley Jacob
First Timer
Message 24 of 24

Would it be possible to speak to someone about the fact we have recently noticed that e-mails we are sending from our organisation to @talktalk.net e-mail addresses appear to be getting bounced please?

This appears to have started in the last few days.

Happy to share technical details via private messages.

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Hi Bradley Jacob, I've sent you a personal message. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 24

Hi Bradley 

There is an issue with PM's we are looking into.  You may not ne able to reply, but can compose a new PM to me or any of the Team and we can all see these in our workflow tool.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

Thanks Karl, I've discussed this with my colleagues and they need some further clarification please.

As I cannot see to respond to you via PMs (the reply option does nothing from what I can see) would you be able to provide me with another way of making contact please?

Cheers!

0 Likes

Message 4 of 24

Hi @Bradley Jacob

We have received a reply from our platform vendor. I've sent you a PM with this.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

Hi Bradley,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

Message 6 of 24

Hi Bradley Jacob, we've now raised an incident based on the difficulty you're having. No results have yet come back from the examples you've provided so I can't give you an idea of what the outcome will be. 

Ady

Message 7 of 24

Hi Ady, further to this, we have now been advised that e-mails are not being received by our customers who have Tiscali e-mail addresses too, would you be able to provide an update please? We have sent an e-mail to test-mail@talktalk.net from a (different) address in our organisation's domain and this was successful this morning.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 24

Hi Ady, the e-mail addresses I provided should be relevant between 6th and 9th September 2021 inclusive, thanks!

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

Brad, can you give me date and time so that I can ask for the search to be run? 

Ady

Message 10 of 24

Hi Ady, thanks have done that! Cheers!

Message 11 of 24

Hi Bradley Jacob, please send me a personal message with the sending and receiving addresses, date and time of mail sent and if you're now getting error messages, the error message too. 

Ady

Message 12 of 24

Thank you very much for your support so far Gondola!

Message 13 of 24

Good to know that the talktalk addresses checked are active. I've pushed a request into the TalkTalk workflow asking Support to pick up this thread. If that doesn't happen today by 3-4pm it'll be next week.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 14 of 24

Thanks Gondola, that's great it would be good to get a view from TalkTalk Support. I wasn't sure how I could raise a ticket as such.

I have spot-checked a few e-mail addresses and all appear to be "Deliverable"...

Message 15 of 24

Hi Bradley Jacob 

I don't offer help via direct contact only via this Community.  If keeping everything secret is vital to your mission of targeting TalkTalk mail users then just wait for a TalkTalk Support team response.

You can validate TalkTalk email addresses using the verifalia.com website among others. An indication of 'Deliverable' is what you're looking for to check that an address is active on the TalkTalk Mail platform.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 24

Thank you for the feedback.

If you can share direct contact details I am happy to provide you with some examples of e-mail addresses we are targeting, along with information about our sending domain etc?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 24

No bouncebacks and the connection to the MX server being dropped is what happens when senders are treated as spammers. It can be a false positive, of course, that a genuine sender has acquired a poor reputation. The issue can arise if multiple recipients mark mails as spam, if multiple recipient addresses are blocking or are not deliverable because the addresses no longer exist etc. Normally, prompt removal of such addresses will improve the sender reputation for other recipients.

At your end, mail servers may auto-suppress the sending of mail if previous attempted deliveries have failed. 

At TalkTalk a spam protection rate limit may be imposed on the maximum number of recipients per hour. This is why I ask the question about some recipients getting their mail delivered but others that exceed the lowered limit getting their mails dropped.

Message 18 of 24

Thanks Gondola. I must apologise as it would actually appear this error relates to previous issues we were seeing some months ago, which were subsequently resolved.

I'm just checking internally but it appears in the cases over the last few days we are not receiving any bounce-backs from TalkTalk so have no visibility of errors, but the intended e-mail recipients are claiming non-receipt.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

The bounceback error TT901 is because the CloudMark mail filtering feels there's something about the content that requires inspection. Delayed delivery is being flagged.  If the mail message makes it through scanning then delivery will be retried.

Message 20 of 24

Ok thanks Gondola. Some initial answers as below whilst we gather some more data...

The errors messages I have seen have been as follows:

BradleyJacob_0-1631197148433.png

Each e-mail only has a single recipient.

Anecdotally from reports we believe this has started happening since Tuesday (7th September). Incidentally there doesn't appear to be much difference in the volumes of e-mails we have been sending before and after this date.

0 Likes