email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails Bounced By talktalk.net

Manu Sabu
First Timer
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

I am receiving bounce-back messages from host mx.talktalk.net with TT code TT991 and then TT512.

Please let me know why.

Thank you

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Message 1 of 2

Hi Manu Sabu 

Is this a single talktalk.net email address you're sending mail to or another TalkTalk managed domain? If a different domain, what is the domain and is the email address an alias for a primary email address? i.e. it may have a symbol in the local or first part of the email address.

What happens if you send to test-mail@talktalk.net - do you get an auto response or still get the TT991 bounceback?

Have you checked if the TalkTalk mailbox exists?   Enter the email address at Verifalia, an external website that verifies if an email address exists. Enter the email address, complete the reCAPTCHA and select the Validate button. Does the top line response say 'Deliverable' or something else?

TT991 is the mail filtering system that has a reason for suspecting something wrong about your mail message or it's sender and has deferred the message for inspection / scanning.   Assuming the message made it through scanning and then got a TT512 bounceback error then that means the mailbox is not available for or not accepting delivery.

What domain are you sending your message from?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes