email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails To Yahoo Address Bouncing

stevesurrey
Insightful One
Message 127 of 127

Last  few days having problems sending emails from my Pipex email address to a relative with a Yahoo address. Keep getting the following response from mailer-daemon@talktalk.net that delivery failed.

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.    
Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 13.9 hour(s):
xxxxx@yahoo.co.uk

Reason: The following message to xxxxx@yahoo.co.uk was undeliverable.The reason for the problem:  Maximum Retry Queue Age Reached

I see other threads on this forum with the same problem sending to other domains (eg. Sky) and wonder whether there is a wider issue extending to Yahoo too ?

Eureka! Pipex mailboxes have migrated!
0 Likes
126 REPLIES 126

Message 1 of 127

Three Emails sent to Yahoo over the day were received immediately! I am still concerned about the Hotmail accounts ending up in Spam as I run a website for my local allotment that has a facility on it email the allotments Hotmail email  address.

Message 2 of 127

Messages to Hotmail still end up in recipients Spam folder but most of the other problematic domains seem to be working ok. Hard to be absolutely certain though and my confidence in email remains low. 

0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 3 of 127

Hi @GEG63 I don't know, but I actually also got an email directly to an AOL address today, so you could be right.  I'm also getting Gmail going direct to Inbox and everything at the moment. 🍾🍾

0 Likes

Message 4 of 127

Well I sent an email from my pipex account to my yahoo account just now and it got there immediately!

Has the problem with sending emails from pipex addresses been resolved or was I just lucky?

Alternatively has my email account been moved to the new server which would be a reason for it working!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 127

Thanks Ady - see if its feasible.

The other interesting possibility as suggested earlier by GregTingey is a divert but I don't know how that would work.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 127

It's the only option that's available, but I have to ask to clarify the request.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

GregTingey
Super Duper Contributor
Message 7 of 127

I would go for a divert, but GEG63 might want something different

0 Likes

Message 8 of 127

Hi GEG63, are you wanting to put a divert in place or you want to create a TalkTalk email address?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 127

Hi Ady 

any news re the possibility of switching to a TalkTalk email address to solve the problem as in my earlier posting. I replied belatedly re your query as to whether I had a broadband account.

GEG63

0 Likes

Message 10 of 127

I'll send another chaser to find out how long this might take. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 127

I did another email test yesterday evening - a little earlier at 7pm.

Gmail - delivery delayed almost 4 hours

Hotmail - delivered immediately to Spam

Yahoo - delivery delayed almost 6 hours

The results for Gmail even worse than previous test and Yahoo & Hotmail unchanged. But definitely a worsening trend over the last few days.

0 Likes

GregTingey
Super Duper Contributor
Message 12 of 127

Can I second this - &/or ask for a "redirect" so that "DOT dsl DOT pipex DOT com" automatically goes to TalkTalk … ??

0 Likes

Message 13 of 127

Hi GregTingey, you're not yet on the main platform because this is the first time we've invested the millions needed to bring all our domains together on one platform. 

0 Likes

GregTingey
Super Duper Contributor
Message 14 of 127

So
WHY are we not on the "Main Customer" platform, then?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 127

The difference being that screaming.net wasn't on the legacy platform. It was on the main customer platform. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 127

I decided to do my weekly email testing at a different time of day so did them yesterday evening about 8pm. The results were:-

Gmail - delivery delayed almost 2 hours

Hotmail - delivered immediately to Spam

Yahoo - delivery delayed almost 6 hours

The results for both Gmail & Yahoo are worse than normal.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 127

@Ady-TalkTalk I understand that the legacy accounts are on the oldest platforms yet my screaming.net account, which must pre-date my Pipex ones by a decade or more, was migrated back in January. Seems the Pipex ones are particularly problematic!

0 Likes

Message 18 of 127

HI Ady

yes I have a current TalkTalk account for broadband, phone and TalkTalk TV(just renewed my contract earlier this year).

I have had one for donkeys years and regularly access My Account.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 127

I'm pretty sure I've posted the answer before, but to help and as you've asked for clarification. The priority was the largest group of mailboxes and also the largest number of active customers. It is true that legacy customers as I've said before are on the oldest platform. We needed to move "the easiest to move" first to know the process and platform migration worked successfully.

0 Likes

Muddymedic
Super Duper Contributor
Message 20 of 127

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk  Thank you.  Whilst it is indeed reassuring that a large number of other users are being migrated, when we are still 'marking time', those types of figures are equally frustrating for us 'who only stand and wait'.  Did those fortunate individuals have the sort of issues we as a cohort continue to experience?  If not, then the inference is that we are in the 'too difficult' tray as legacy customers.  Because we cannot see any progress with our case, then it still (I'm afraid) feels as though we have been 'left […] hanging out there.'  So where are we in the queue now?  Weeks or months?  If years, then stand by for incoming!  How is the prioritisation for migration arrived at?  It seems that the easy cases are being dealt with first.  If that is indeed the case, then I would suggest that you need to review your system of triage.

Today we are still suffering from emails not arriving at all at some domains, and often suffering great delays (and thank you for your explanation of why this is occurring), all of which has been going on for months.  In addition, as I reported earlier, (and again, as you kindly explained, this is linked to our other problems) access to Pipex webmail is intermittently problematic at the moment.  So while others are moving on, we're (on the evidence of today, at least) going the other way.

You yourself have recognised that our current woes will be sorted once we have been migrated, so we all agree on that score.  Please understand the massive frustration all this is having on a significant cohort of your customers, who didn't ask to join that cohort in the first place.  Some clarification (and visible action) is what we are asking for, which I don't think is unreasonable, given the way we have been mucked about in recent months over all this.

Regards

0 Likes