email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails arriving without attachments and in the wrong order.

TominLondon
Super Duper Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Today someone sent me an email to ask me if I had received their previous email + attachment (I hadn't). Then their previous email arrived later, but without the attachment.

This has happened twice now. What is going on? TalkTalk seems to be queuing emails and sending them in the wrong order.

Please fix.

From Tom: a Mac user since 1995
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 9

Hi TominLondon, I'll leave you with Gondola until I'm told you need me. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 9

Hi TominLondon 

Replying to individual Community posts (in Linear format) is via the small blue circle reply button bottom right of the relevant post. The bottom central Reply button is a general reply to the topic.

As for emails not arriving I assume you mean not arriving in a timely manner. Your first post indicated that the post arrived but delayed and minus the attachment. Hence my reply concentrating on an issue caused by certain attachments.

This might indicate the post was deferred for scanning either by the outgoing server (For example, BT Mail is known to delay such mails for scanning before sending) or the incoming server might detect an issue with the sender, content or attachment. Document or Spreadsheet files as attachments can often cause mail to be delayed because of the potential for embedded macros or images or links containing virus / malware either directly or indirectly via external links.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

TominLondon
Super Duper Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Gondola for some reason I can't reply to your posts- only to my own. The problem is not the size of the attachment - it was a tiny attachment of one paragraph of text in a Word file. THE PROBLEM IS NOT THE ATTACHMENT. It's the emails not arriving.

0 Likes

TominLondon
Super Duper Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Gondola for some reason I can't reply to your posts- only to my one.. THE PROBLEM IS NOT THE ATTACHMENT. It's the emails not arriving.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

It's not unusual for people to forget to add an attachment. Equally, if the attachment is too large for the end to end mail system to convey then attachments might get stripped out.  The TalkTalk Mail system will handle attachments of up to 25MB in size. But the email sending system might not convey this size and could time out if uploading takes too long. As a guide it's prudent to keep attachments as small as possible and to 12MB or less.  Larger attachments are best uploaded to a cloud sharing system like One Drive or google Drive and send a sharing link by email.  

0 Likes

TominLondon
Super Duper Contributor
Message 6 of 9

I did what you suggested and it worked perfectly. I am receiving emails and attachments from other people, without any problems. Is it possible the problem is at the other end (this particular sender)? 

TominLondon
Super Duper Contributor
Message 7 of 9

TEST REPLY

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi TominLondon 

Has the email with attachment arrived in your online mailbox? As usual, an attachment would be indicated by a paperclip icon. 

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Compose a mail message, add an attachment and send it to yourself to the same mailbox address.  Does the message get sent without error, get copied to the Sent objects folder with attachment and arrive in and stay in the Inbox complete with attachment?

Or are you using an email client? e.g. Outlook / Thunderbird or mobile email app?  Or another mail collection service? A malfunctioning email client might not be displaying attachments.