Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Emails being returned undeliverable due to retry timeout

ANSWERED
4 REPLIES 4
Spogg
Team Player

Hi. For the last 2 days I’ve had my emails bounce after 24 hours with the message below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.     

Delivery to the following recipients was aborted after 24.5 hour(s):

obscured for customer security

Reason: The following message to obscured for customer security was undeliverable.The reason for the problem:  Maximum Retry Queue Age Reached

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These were to several different friends so I know the addresses are correct and they did work before.

I’m still receiving the usual emails. Outlook appears to be sending ok but the server is bouncing them.

Very frustrating!

Cheers

Spogg

Gondola
Community Star
Solution

Hi @Spogg 

How are you?

I've fully obscured the email entries on your post. The underlying mail:to was still present.

But using that email address detail I've checked the email address (and info@dsprobo****.com) and checked the server hosting the two email domains. Neither the mail.flows****.co.uk or the mail.dsprobo****.com domain server is responding.  Hence the bounceback error of undeliverable. I've also checked via a mobile network.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

Spogg
Team Player

Hi Gondola

Thank you so much for checking this for me.

I think I’ve been a victim of coincidence. I just thought to send my wife a test email and it arrived within seconds. Why didn’t I think of that yesterday? Probably because I’m getting old and stupid.

Just for my education, is there a way I can do what you did, to test the live status of an email address?

Cheers

Spogg

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Spogg 

No worries.

I usually use mxtoolbox.com for the range of tests and diagnostics that can be carried out. For a quick check on up to a handful of email addresses try https://email-checker.net/. Most domains will respond.

All the best. Gondola

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

Spogg
Team Player

Many thanks for that!

After I'd asked you, I checked and found this site which I found easy to use:

https://verifalia.com/validate-email

Cheers

Rex