email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails blocked due to spam

Kent_Sparkpost
First Timer
Message 11 of 11

Hey everyone,

I work with an email service provider and one of our senders is starting to see an increase in the amount of spam related bounces. Here is the bounce that is being returned:

550 5.1.0 OQtimc72yMwZU Sorry, we’ve identified a number of outgoing emails from your email provider as spam so we haven’t been able to send your email to its intended recipient. Please try again later or using an alternative email address. For more information visit our help article (link: help2.talktalk.co.uk/i-cant-send-or-receive-emails) (TT406)

Our client sends permission-based petition and social change type emails to subscribers who have signed up on their website to receive them. Our client follows best sending practices and does everything in their power to ensure that only permission-based email is being sent from their environment.

I tried to access the link in the bounce message, but it appears it is no longer active. Is there anyone I could work with to resolve this issue?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Kent_Sparkpost
First Timer
Message 2 of 11

Thanks @Chris-TalkTalk 

Kent

Message 3 of 11

Hi Kent_Sparkpost,

I've passed on the information to the relevant department, we'll let you know when we receive an update

Thanks

Chris

Kent_Sparkpost
First Timer
Message 4 of 11

@Ady-TalkTalk  Thanks, I've reached out.

Kent

Message 5 of 11

Hi Kent_Sparkpost, your PMs are enabled you should be able to send me a PM. I had others check and your PMs are showing enabled. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 11

Hi Kent_Sparkpost 

Yes, permission to use Personal Messaging does need to be authorised by TalkTalk before you'll be able to send messages. @Ady-TalkTalk 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 7 of 11

I've tried to send you a message, but I keep getting a 403 error. Are there any permissions that need to be set up on this account or is there an email address that I can send the IP and domain information?

Thanks again for your help,

Kent

Kent_Sparkpost
First Timer
Message 8 of 11

Thanks Ady, I will reach out!

Kent

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 11

Hi Kent_Sparkpost, please send me a personal message with the sender, recipient addresses and the date and time of sending. I'll then forward this over to mail team for investigation. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi Kent_Sparkpost 

The mail service error message similar to '550 5.1.0 Outgoing emails identified as spam (TT406)' is telling you that TalkTalk Mail users have marked the received mail as spam. When many users mark mail as spam a permanent fail to deliver can get applied as in this example. Is just one sending address impacted or one outgoing server IP address impacted?

Unfortunately the explanation for TT406 hasn't had a redirect to the current help articles on Community. This issue isn't seen much because, as you agree, the mail service operators do all they can to avoid being marked as spammers.

When users don't unsubscribe but mark unwanted mail as spam or don't get promptly unsubscribed so mark unwanted mail as spam or when senders are sending to addresses that no longer exist, (TT506) error gets flagged up first, the sender is at risk of being blocked or rate limited.

Heads up that quite a few legacy email addresses are being deleted by TalkTalk because of non-use or because their users are no longer TalkTalk Consumer customers.

Keeping a cleaned distribution list promptly expunged of all failed bouncebacks is the objective.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support by updating your Community  MY PROFILE

• Select your avatar top right, MY SETTINGS, Personal Information, and include:
  • Your name, contact 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full company name and address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the sending email address, and notes on recipient addresses, time and date of email sent etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution