email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails bouncing back

sfazosfazakis
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

We are providing Email services and our client sees bounces from talktalk.net with the following message "Local Spam Bounce (552 5.2.0 bkB3mcfaCE2RabkB3m8c6q Content rejected (TT992))". The content provided in the emails is not Spam and the recipients have opted-in to receive such emails.

There were no such issues previously and it seems that some weeks they get bounced and some they don't. Why is that? We would like this to be resolved.

Emails are being sent from the following IP: 3.8.34.19

Thank you for your attention and let me know if you need any more info.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi sfazosfazakis, I've passed on the details to have the team check for any issues with blocking of mail. If you have other senders and the dates and times please personal message me with them.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 7

Thank you @Gliwmaeden2 , @Gondola for the help. I have added a link to one of the emails being bounced in my Personal Information, as an example. I will wait for Talktalk too.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 7

@sfazosfazakis, please add further details of senders etc to Private Notes only, as Gondola indicated.

Go via your avatar/name; settings; from the drop down menu that starts with "email" choose Personal Information. At the end of that section is the area for Private Notes. 

Add the further information in there and SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 4 of 7

Hi sfazosfazakis 

The first run via MX Toolbox reports that the sending domain email.josephturner.co.uk is on a blacklist for issues more likely associated with viruses or malware.

"DroneBL is a blacklist of abusable and "rooted" machines (IP addresses). DroneBL is used by ISPs and others as part of a blackhole strategy to prevent phishing attacks and other forms of network abuse. A positive listing by DroneBL is not always indicative of spam, as it could be due to an open proxy or more serious issue.

If you have been listed by DroneBL, please also check your server for potential drones, trojans, backdoors, or misconfigured proxies, as email spam may be indicative of a more severe issue."

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 5 of 7

Thanks for your reply.

I believe they use lists automatically compiled when the recipients opt-in for those emails.

The sending domain is: REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @sfazosfazakis 

552 5.2.0 Content rejected (TT992) Is a response from the server from spam or virus detection filters. I don't find anything amiss about the Amazon server so unlikely to be related to mail sending. The IP address is not on any of the usual agency blacklists (MX Toolbox). More likely that TalkTalk Mail recipients have marked mail as spam, or content is fingerprinted by CloudMark as spam.

Are you sending mail to individual recipients and getting blocked?  Or sending to Distribution Lists?

If to Distribution Lists, be aware that some users that are not TalkTalk Consumer customers may be deleting their mailboxes.  Therefore, unavailable mailbox addresses would need to be promptly removed from your Lists to maintain reliable deliverability.

What's the sending domain?

TalkTalk would need an example of a mail send date and time and the sending and recipient addresses so add this to your Community profile Private Notes so it's ready for TalkTalk to pick up.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution