email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails disappearing from my inbox, only staying for 2 mths

Sparky221
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 3

Emails in my Inbox are disappearing.  I have not deleted them and they are not in my deleted folder or archived folder.  Some of these emails are conformation of bookings that I make in March and now need the reference, but the email has gone.  My are my emails in my inbox disappearing after a few months?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Sparky221, if you follow Gondola's advice you will find out the cause of the problems.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

TalkTalk do not delete mail from the Inbox. 

If all mail messages in the Inbox that are older than 2 months are deleted then that is a user setting in a connected email client or app. 

For example, an email account set up to connect as a POP account will download and delete mail messages from the Inbox. The deletion can be set to be delayed by a user defined period. Never delete is an option but it looks like you have a connected email account set to delete after 2 months. 

The older downloaded messages would be in the Inbox of the connected device. If that device is under your control then that's where you'll find your 'missing' messages. 

If the device is not yours then to safeguard your mailbox you're advised to change the password. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes