email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails forward from yahoo account not arriving

iansnell56
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

I've been forwarded  a few emails from a yahoo account, which have not appeared in either the inbox or junk folders. An email sent directly from the same account arrives as expected. Any ideas what is wrong?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Hi iansnell56, I'd follow Gondola's great advice and then post back to let us know it's sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

Hi iansnell56 

I have an active Yahoo Mail account so I've randomly selected a mailing list email which are the ones most likely to get rejected and forwarded that to a talktalk.net mailbox.  No problem. Sent and arrived promptly in the Inbox. So, no obvious problem is replicated here.

Ask your Yahoo forwarder to select a completely different mail message and forward that to you.

The Yahoo Mail is not being blocked so let's see what happens with a different mail message being forwarded.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 5

Thanks for speedy response. However, it’s not being marked as spam and the sender receives no error messages (and it’s not in the sender junk either)

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @iansnell56 

Mail forwarding isn't reliable.  First check the Spam folder. 

As a spam protection feature, the recipient mail service may check to see if the mail forwarder is an authorised sender for the originator of the email.  TalkTalk Mail carries out this type of verification.

If the originator has requested the recipient to reject a message that does not pass verification then that's what will happen.

If you ask the yahoo forwarder to check for a bounceback error message you'll probably find if they have one that DMARC Verification Failed or Sender Domain Invalid are two of the most likely error messages.

Instead of simple forwarding the intermediary could forward the original as an attachment or copy and paste into the body of a new mail message.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution