Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Emails from cineworld not being received

9 REPLIES 9
GillyB1
Chatterbox

Hi, I book with Cineworld regularly and until yesterday the confirmation email was received in my inbox instantly.  I have received numerous other emails, so looks to be specific to this senders.

Wondering if I’ve accidentally put a block on, but don’t know how to check, anyone know how?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @GillyB1 

Go via the TalkTalk Mail sign in check there's no Filter rule diverting your mail messages.

Main Settings menu (triple line icon top right header - mobile browser? use the desktop version) > Settings > Select the arrow by Mail / Email in the side panel > select Filter rules - if there are any select Disable or Delete.

Filter rules - Disable

Let us know if you see any unexpected Filter rules.

Advice on using TalkTalk Mail

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

GillyB1
Chatterbox

Hi, thanks for telling me how to find the rules.

i only have move to folders and none should have affected the cineworld senders.  I have set up a move rule now, and asked them to resend, which they say they have.  Still nothing received my end.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi GillyB1 

If there are any Filter rules there then my recommendation is to Disable all.  We have seen hackers modify filter rules so even if you set up a Filter rule then whilst troubleshooting please Disable all.  Worth also checking that there's no Auto forward of your mail.

Test that nothing is impacting the receipt of mail in the Inbox by composing and sending the mailbox a message. Check the message is copied in to the Sent objects folder and then arrives and stays in the Inbox. If messages do not stay in the Inbox then a mail app may be collecting and deleting them. 

To lock out an unauthorised mail app then change the mailbox password. Changing your email password 

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

GillyB1
Chatterbox

Hi,

I have now disabled all Rules and there are no forwarding settings.

messages composed and sent to myself behave normally. I have now been to the cinema, so will not expect anything from that sender until I book again, so cannot test that until then.  
I think I will change password anyway.

thanks for your help

Gondola
Community Star

Hi GillyB1 

If you have any suspicion of unauthorised changing of settings in your mailbox then yes please do upgrade the password to an ultra strong never used anywhere else password of 12 - 15 multicase letters and numbers and a symbol.

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi GillyB1, please post back to let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

GillyB1
Chatterbox

I changed passwords and booked a new film, but still did not receive confirmation.  Then I changed my Cineworld details to use an alternate email account: not a TalkTalk one.  I got all the mail regarding the account setting changes but still not the booking confirmation.

Don't now think that it is a TalkTalk issue so will go back to Cineworld. I have work round so all good.

GillyB1
Chatterbox
I need to correct my last reply.
The alternate, none TalkTalk email is working perfectly. Cineworld user e-mail as user name, and I had tried to re-order a confirmation that had been booked under the TalkTalk e-mail, after changing username. Once I cancelled and re-did the booking it was fine.
So the problem is specific to TalkTalk, but I don’t need it investigating further.
OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Ok thanks very much for posting back to let us know. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.