email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails not arriving from a specific address

andrews_cat
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 13

Hello,

I should be getting emails from a large DIY chain, but they are not arriving in my inbox.  I have checked with B&Q and they have the correct email address and I'm signed up to receive emails.  They say that emails sent from club@info.diy.com are being returned as undeliverable.

I have checked my TalkTalk webmail setting and they have not fallen into any spam/junk folders and there are no rules set to stop them coming in.  Also I'm nowhere near exceeding the 10Mb mail quota.

I have also checked my Outlook account which picks up the emails from TalkTalk.  Again they have not fallen into the junk or spam folders, there are no filters or rules set, no blocked senders and the email address is on the safe sender list.

There are no problems getting emails from other B&Q addresses such as their Customer Services.  It appears just to be club@info.diy.com 

Any ideas, anyone ?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Thanks for adding the extra information. I've raised the fault ticket for you. It should be picked up in the next 4 working days or so. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 13

Hi Ady,

I've added my mobile number to my profile and they email address concerned is the one I registered here with.

It was suggested to me that the sender could be blocked on a server level or that the emails are being checked by TT as suspicious and automatically sent back.  I have no idea what this means, but it sounds technical.

Many thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi,

I checked with them, the email address they have is correct as it shows on the screenshot they sent that shows the emails are being returned un deliverable.

Thanks

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 13

Hi andrews_cat, if you add your mobile number to your profile and confirm that the email address you used to register on the community is the affected address I can raise the fault ticket for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 13

Is it at all possible that your e.mail address has been distributed - possibly verbally / corrupted - across departments incorrectly @andrews_cat,  and the department sending from club@info.diy.com is in fact using an errored version of it!

~R.

Message 6 of 13
Hi,
Sorry, but Gondola is unable to sole this.
i've also tried TT live chat, but that was bit of a failure and no help what so ever.
Many thanks
0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Thanks Gondola + Ady.

I'm not much good at technical stuff, but it looks like I'm not going to be able to get the emails from this address when they send them.

I did try to get some help from the TT live chat yesterday, but after almost an hour all they could tell me was there were service problems and to try again in a few hours.  I didn't really have much confidence in this lady as at one point she asked me what lights were lit on my BT Openreach router which as I'm not at BT customer is a bit confusing...

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi Ady 

I cannot tell 'andrews_cat' anything more so if it's possible to find the reason for the non-delivery of mail from club@info.diy.com that would be good to feed back to B&Q so they can improve the deliverability of Club mail to TalkTalk customers. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 9 of 13

Hi andrews_cat, it looks like you're getting the best help here from Gondola. If you need anything more please let us know. 

Ady

Message 10 of 13

If your work email accepts all mail with no check on the source of the mail then the mail from info.diy.com will be received promptly. 

However, TalkTalk Mail filters potential spam mail. The lack of a certificate and mail from info.diy.com would be spam tagged and the contents scanned. The sender would get a Content Deferred bounce back message. This is to alert for delayed delivery. Some mail may not make it through and would trigger an Undeliverable bounce back message.

I'd say if the sender used fully authenticated and secure email then the spam tagging would not happen unless recipients were marking mail as spam.

The normal mail from the company appears to be fully authenticated. 

Message 11 of 13
Hi Gondola,
Thanks for having a look.
Sorry, but the message I got from B&Q just told me the messages were returned as undeliverable and nothing more apart from saying that the messages come from club@info.diy.com
Just out of curiosity I changed my registered email address to my work one (not really approved of by work) and a reply came within minutes from club@info.diy.com so we can only assume the problem is with the TalkTalk part.
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

Hi andrews_cat 

The main B&Q email domain is b-and-q.co.uk and this domain uses secure email and has a valid certificate.

The club email domain is info.diy.com and the domain sender is different to the main domain sender and does not appear to use secure mail servers. Whilst this isn't a definite issue, when the talktalk inbound mail servers carry out a check on the source of the incoming mail the mail may be deferred for spam scanning. Some mail does make it though, although delayed, some mail does not make it through.

The sender may receive a bounceback message indicating 'content deferred'. This is not a permanent failure to deliver but if a subsequent message is received indicating 'undeliverable' that could mean the servers have no storage space available to hold the message for scanning. It would be useful to know the full error message description including ESMTP code and TT error code.