email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails not downloading from Talk Talk

Chris D2
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

For the past 24 hours I have been unable to receive emails from Talk Talk server to either my iPhone 11 or MacBook Air. No settings were changed before this happened. When attempting to log in to email account (Tiscali using POP) on either phone or Mac I keep getting 'Unable to verify password or account name'. I have put a 'forwarding' action on my talk Talk account so emails are sent to my Gmail account and that appears to be working. Ideas please?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Chris D2, as Gondola says it should be working normally. The fix was implemented yesterday morning. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Should be working in both webmail and via email client access.

Is the tiscali email address shown in your MyAccount My Mailboxes list?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Chris D2
First Timer
Message 3 of 8

Any update on the resolution of this issue please. 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Chris D2, thanks for providing the needed information. The team are investigating this to identify the cause and then to get the fix in place for you. Hopefully, there won't be too long to wait for the fix. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 8

OK, the mail auto forward not working ties in with the issue that TalkTalk are currently investigating. 

Make sure you do update your Community profile as indicated. Especially make sure your home landline number is present in the profile so TalkTalk Mail Support can identify your account.

Chris D2
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

Yes, I am a Talk Talk customer. I've been away from the  computer for a while and now the forwarding function is not working either. The Tiscali address is on My Account and no settings were changed before this issue arose. I seem to be able to send emails from the Tiscali address on my MacBook but not receiving anything from the Talk Talk Email site. I removed the Tiscali account from my iPhone and now I can't re-install - 'Unable to verify password or account" message comes up. 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi Chris D2 

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile:

• Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the tiscali email address and notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer customer? Is the tiscali email address added to your customer MyAccount?

Interesting that the auto forward to Gmail is working. If the mailbox had been restricted to webmail only access I'd not expect the forward to work.

TalkTalk are currently investigating so make sure you do update your Community profile. 

In the meantime webmail will work or, as you confirm, so does the auto forward to Gmail. 

0 Likes