email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails not received by certain intended recipients sent via TT webmail

Theambler
Conversation Starter
Message 19 of 19

Hi

I have read the recent posts by others and I too am having issues with webmail recently, but slightly different ones. I have a @dsl.Pipex.com email address. I will bullet mine below:

• All emails from various senders to my TT webmail Inbox received OK
  • Sent items from my TT webmail:

1. Some addresses receive my mail, some don’t
  2. My emails do not appear in their Junk folders
  3. I do not receive any bouncebacks or error messages
  4. Emails appear in my Sent Items
  5. My email address is not on a blocked list of the intended recipients

My questions are:

• Why are certain email addresses receiving my emails and some not?
  • Where have my emails gone that have not been received by the intended recipients?
  • Will they ever be received by the intended recipients (some contain sensitive information)?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Many Thanks.

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Theambler
Conversation Starter
Message 1 of 19

Thanks @Gondola . Much appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Hi Kev

Just to acknowledge your post and to say that Ady's not been online this week. I expect he'll pick up asap and I'll keep an eye on this thread for you.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Theambler
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 19

Hi Ady

I am just bumping the thread back up in case it has fallen out of the workflow. I look forward to hearing from you with your thoughts on the queries I raised in my PM to you on 24th March.

All the best

Kev.

Theambler
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 19

Hi Ady 

Many thanks for your reply.

I would be very grateful if you could provide me with responses to each of the queries I raised in my PM to you of the 24th. I appreciate that there are a few questions in the PM, but your thoughts on each of the questions will hopefully help put my partner's mind at ease and help her understand the situation, as she is getting very anxious about it.

Many thanks Ady and I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best

Kev.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Hi Kev, you've got nothing to fear there are so many mails received every day that even logs of sent and received mail aren't kept for long. For bounce reasons a google search shows this why does email bounce - Search (bing.com)

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Theambler
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 19

Many thanks @Gliwmaeden2 

Ady sent me a PM on 21st March, to which I replied with a PM on 24th March with some queries. I am just waiting on Ady's reply to my PM of the 24th.

Many thanks

Kev.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 19

I'll re-escalate this thread for you, @Theambler, as it has probably fallen out of the workflow. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Theambler
Conversation Starter
Message 8 of 19

Hi Ady

I hope you are well.

It appears that my post to you on 9 March may have been missed. I am just posting now to move it back up the list.

I look forward to hearing from you in relation to the questions I raised in the post on 9 March.

All the best

Kev.

0 Likes

Theambler
Conversation Starter
Message 9 of 19

Hi Ady

Many thanks for getting back to me - it is much very much appreciated. 

I have some follow up questions if I may to your answers which are below (the ordering is the same as your responses for ease):

(1) On discovering there was an issue, I sent a test email (email 1) to firstly my Pipex address and work address and secondly (email 2) to my partner's Hotmail address and work address. The mail was received by my Pipex address and her Hotmail address, but by neither of our work addresses. In addition, the mail did not appear in either of our work addresses junk folders. 

• Why would our work addresses mark the same email received by Pipex and Hotmail accounts as spam?
  • What do you mean when you say that the servers bounced the emails?
  • Why would the servers bounce them and the emails not appear in Junk folders?
  • Why was no undeliverable receipt received if the servers bounced the emails?

(2) As mentioned previously, some of the undelivered mails contained sensitive information. You said that if they haven't been delivered to the recipients (which they haven't), then they are gone and won't be received.

• What do you mean when you say they have gone - where have they gone to?
  • Are the emails that have not been delivered held on servers anywhere?
  • Are the undelivered emails able to be accessed and viewed by others - I ask due to the sensitive information contained within them that could be used for identity theft purposes.

I look forward to hearing from you Ady and many thanks for your ongoing help and support.

All the best

Kev.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

Hi Kev, just to keep this in the public domain I've copied your questions and pasted them below along with the answers. 

• Why were certain email addresses receiving my emails and some not?

The only answer I can give is that some were marked as spam by other users and this meant the servers bounced them.

• Where have my emails gone that were not received by the intended recipients (some contain sensitive information)?

If these mails weren't delivered to the recipients they've gone. 

• Will the emails ever be received by the intended recipients?

No they'll not be received if they haven't already. 

If you're still having problems with some recipients let me know and it needs to be within the last 7 days for me to check.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Theambler
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 19

Hi Ady

Many thanks for getting back to me, it is very much appreciated. I am sorry for the delay in replying, but I have had a lot on in the last couple of weeks.

I have sent you another PM that I look forward to hearing from you on.

Thanks

Kev.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Hi Kev, thanks for letting me know that all your mail is working normally. I've got no way to get the information that you asked for in the PM. I can make guesses, but this far after the occurrence I'll not be able to get the answers. 

Ady

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 13 of 19

I'll re-escalate this thread for you, @Theambler.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Theambler
Conversation Starter
Message 14 of 19

Hi Ady

I am so sorry it has taken me nearly two months to reply - it has been a crazy time!

Just to let you know I have sent you a PM as you asked for.

Cheers

Kev.

Message 15 of 19

Kev, can you PM me the email addresses that can't receive and also confirm that you're sending address.

Ady

0 Likes

Theambler
Conversation Starter
Message 16 of 19

Hi Ady

I think my post on Tuesday to you where I answered your questions may have got missed, so am bumping up it up the list again. I also sent you a PM on Wednesday on the same matter too.

Btw, the issue is still persisting.

I look forward to hearing from you Ady.

All the best

Kev.

0 Likes

Theambler
Conversation Starter
Message 17 of 19

Hi Ady

Many thanks for getting back to me. The answers to your questions are below:

• Yes, I can send mail to my own mailbox.
  • Re those who cannot receive mail from me - I don't know of anyone else who has a TT mailbox, so I do not know if they can receive mail from another TT address. However, one of those people who cannot now receive mail from my TT address is me! My work email address cannot now receive mail from my TT address. I only discovered this issue yesterday. It had been fine till then as I sent an email from my TT address to my work address a week ago and all received OK. If you want to PM me, I can let you have my work email address and you can send me an email to it as a test. 
  • There are a variety of email domains who are not receiving my emails. There are two that I know of, but there maybe more - unfortunately you don't know what you don't know! One example is that my partner now receives my emails to her Hotmail account but not her work account (we do not have the same work email domains). This issue has only started in the last week as she used to receive emails from me fine.

Thanks

Kev.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 18 of 19

Hi Theambler, can you send mail to your own mailbox? Are those who can't receive from you able to receive from other TT mailboxes? Are they all on the same domain or is there a variety of email domains that are not receiving your mail? 

Ady

0 Likes