email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails not received in InBox nor in Spam folder

mograguel
Team Player
Message 2 of 2

I have a Onetel.com email address and have not been receiving emails from a specific financial business sender. I use the TalkTalk webmail interface which is shockingly bad in my opinion.

I can send to that email address and they receive it, but I do not receive their emails. 

My Spam folder is always empty and I can see no way to Whitelist their address.

Please advise what information you need on here to help me resolve.

Thank you 

Thank you Mark
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Gondola
Community Star
Message 1 of 2

Hi mograguel 

Check to make sure you have no Filter rules that might be blocking or diverting mail from the originator.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full onetel email address and its password, select Sign in.

Compose and self-send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.  That's just to check the mailbox is working as expected.

Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

• To check, select the Main Settings menu icon      triple line icon top right on the blue header
    (Mobile browser? use the desktop version)
  • Select Settings from the top of the menu
  • Select the inward facing arrowhead by Mail (or Email) in the left side panel
  • Select Filter Rules
    If there's no rule defined, that's perfect
  • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the Dustbin icon    to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red    
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

Let us know of any error message or filter rule, or if mail did not arrive in the Inbox or disappeared from the Inbox. Someone collecting mail messages with a mail collection service may be deleting messages from the online Inbox.

TalkTalk will need your confirmation that there is no filter rule defined. But if all looks ok with the mailbox they can check the last 7 days for mail messages from a sender to see what's been received, deferred or refused.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes