Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Empty inbox help

4 REPLIES 4
crowthp
First Timer

Please help

My inbox is empty when I logged in today. I have some really important messages and documentation in there. 

I was a legacy pipex account and have had no issues till now. Please help 

Thank you 

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @crowthp 

Enter your pipex email address, select Continue.

Enter your pipex email password, select Sign in.

Check through all folders in the mailbox including sub-folders just in case you've inadvertently moved the mail messages. If inadvertently deleted then deleted mail goes to the Trash folder. 

Have you connected a new device to the mailbox recently?  If connecting a device and the email account is set up as a POP3 account then it's quite possible that all the Inbox has been downloaded to the Inbox on the new device and the mail in the online Inbox is deleted.

So, do a test. Compose and send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox. Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

Let us know of any error message, or if mail does not arrive in the Inbox or disappears from the Inbox. If the mail arrives in the Inbox but then later disappears then that's certainly classic of mail being collected by a POP3 mail client or mail collection service like Gmail, for example. 

Let us know your thoughts.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

crowthp
First Timer
Hi

I have checked all my folders including the trash. I haven't used a different device. I emailed myself and came straight through. Can my missing inbox emails be retrieved please.
Gondola
Community Star

Hi crowthp 

Sorry, TalkTalk doesn't provide a backup service for lost mail messages. It's always recommended to keep a backup of wanted mail messages.

If not you connecting a new device or mail collection service then someone else? That's where the downloaded mail messages will be - in the Inbox of that new device or mail collection service.

So, you should consider that your mailbox may have been compromised. Scan devices to remove any potential password grabbing viruses, trojans or malware and change the password as a precaution. Changing your email password 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi crowthp, has Gondola helped you get this sorted? Gondola's advice is always good. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.