Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Error 0x800CCC0E

6 REPLIES 6
jmurphy
Chat Champion

My email in Outlook has been all good since the upgrade some months ago but, today, I cannot receive emails. I get the following message:

"Synchronising subscribed folders for xxxx@dsl.pipex.com reported error (0x800CCC0E): Outlook cannot synchronise subscribed folder for xxxx@dsl.pipex.com. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or internet service provider."

Any advice gratefully received

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @jmurphy 

This error is probably as a result of the mail servers not being accessible this morning. So, just close Outlook and consider for a moment if you made any changes to the settings. If not just relaunch Outlook and it should connect to the mailbox and work as normal.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

jmurphy
Chat Champion
Hi Gondola. I haven't changed any settings but I did see the "enter password box" a couple of times this morning. I have closed and relaunched Outlook a couple of times and shut down and restarted my laptop but the problem persists.
Cheers
Gondola
Community Star

Hi jmurphy 

The Enter password box would have been triggered by the failure to connect whilst the TalkTalk Mail service was down.  So if you did happen to enter a wrong password and that's been stored?

What settings are you using?  Screenshot and upload the Outgoing server and Advanced tabs for me and upload here after image editing to obscure the first part of your email address.

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

jmurphy
Chat Champion
Hi Gondola. I went into 'Server Settings' to make sure my password was correct. The line of asterisks in the password box looked a bit longer than normal so I put in my password. Result! All seems to be back to normal.
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
Gondola
Community Star

Nice one.

We appreciate you taking time out to let us know that entering the correct password gave a quick fix. Always good to have your feedback.

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi jmurphy, thanks for posting to let us know it's sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.