email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message when sending an email via Tiscali

I8this
Philosopher
Message 5 of 5

Not for the first time I got the following message when sending a phishing email report to TT via my Tiscalli account this morning. In the message it states the following sentence, and in regards to that, I have not used my Tiscali email to send an email for about 2 weeks now. It just seems to happen when sending this type of report to TT.

``Sorry, we can’t send this email at the moment because you’ve sent a lot of emails recently.``

Message could not be sent to the following recipients: [spam@talktalk.co.uk, report@phishing.gov.uk, abuse@talktalkplc.com, abuse@ripe.net, hostmaster@ripe.net, wmsupport@eir.ie, michael.ward@eir.ie, ripe@eircom.net, abuse@eircom.net, networks@eircom.net, admin@nobistech.net, abuse@us.leaseweb.com, webmaster@ftc.gov, phishing-report@us-cert.gov, reportphishing@apwg.org, USA Can-Spam <spam@uce.gov>] (453 - 453 4.2.0 eH2ijJUKwi4jQ Sorry, we can’t send this email at the moment because you’ve sent a lot of emails recently. Please wait an hour or so and then try sending your email again. For more information visit our help article (link: help2.talktalk.co.uk/i-cant-send-or-receive-emails) (TT60

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Quote:- Sending from a different email address and getting auto-replies from the recipients plus more that you've added to receive your spam report isn't a good argument to continuing to send spam to all. 

I am not sending spam, I am sending reports of phishing/spam emails that I have received to the relevant ISP,s, the proven email address providers of the sender[s] and the anti spam organisations that deal with them.

Quote:- But as you've added more recipients to your spamming report it's clear that you're not taking any notice of my advice to limit your report of incoming spam to your talktalk mailbox just to one report to talktalk.

As I had sent the report via my Yahoo email and as TalkTalk acknowledged  the report with a reply to me then there was no need to sent them one via my Tiscali email, but I will remember that advice to send to just one TT reporting email address the next time. I will still be using my Yahoo email to copy and paste the same report the next time.  I Have never had a reject problem with Yahoo no matter how many recipients I sent to at the same time, within limits.

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all. Now a wizard.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Sending from a different email address and getting auto-replies from the recipients plus more that you've added to receive your spam report isn't a good argument to continuing to send spam to all.

But as you've added more recipients to your spamming report it's clear that you're not taking any notice of my advice to limit your report of incoming spam to your talktalk mailbox just to one report to talktalk.

Yahoo Mail will also rate limit your address or block you from sending, if you continue, and, in that respect is no different to the operation of the TalkTalk spam protection. I think we can conclude that TalkTalk spam protection is working and is effective. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

@Gondola 

I remembered that after seeing this message in the past when trying to sent phishing email reports to TT I would copy and paste it in a email via my Yahoo email account. So I did this with today,s report sending it to the same recipients plus adding some others without a problem. I have had replies from the main recipients involved including TT. Yet another phishing email sender added to my ``Spam Filters``

I recall that you have said a number of times that this ``newish`` email system still has its problems.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @I8this 

Is this a TT602 error response?  Too many messages.

You've triggered the temporary spam protection limiter. I anticipate one or more of your intended recipients has flagged you as a nuisance spammer.

Why? You're apparently forwarding spam received in your talktalk managed mailbox to talktalk and to other recipients in Ireland and the USA. So as the spam is unlikely to be of interest to every recipient and if other recipients have their time wasted investigating your spam reports they're more than likely to flag you as a nuisance spammer and block your reports.  As a result TalkTalk will have received one or more bounceback error messages and will rate limit your sending.

The solution is to report spam or phishing mail incoming to your talktalk managed mailbox just to one talktalk address as indicated in the Help page Report a phishing or spam email 

You may need to wait between 1 and 24 hours before making that report.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

0 Likes