I see the status message is now back to normal. As a result my email returned to its merely barely usable state whereas for a couple of days it had been dead with even webmail either missing of just showing historic messages and refusing to download new ones or allow me to create a message. Webmail seems ok now.. I have temporaly removed one of my homecall accounts from Outlook to see if it performs better on one so as to avoid any potential clash between the two. However, the remaining account still fails more than it works I also removed any Outlook folders not involved directly with my account but to no avail. Also I removed any software from my PC that is not used in case that was a problem.
Question. Can I remove my homecall email addresses and replace them with talktalk.net versions? One of the homecall addresses is the one I use to log in to my Talktalk account. There are already 5 email addresses so to make a new one, an old one has to go.
Hi KannyKen, you need to reload the page. The service status is showing the fault again. You can do what you're asking about but you need to make sure you've transferred/backed up your mails in each one first.
And if you do do this. Make sure that slot number is left for a new freshly created email address not used to transfer one over. I can't help you transfer to slot 5 only the first 4.
Although the service status is still set to "Localised issues" about homecall accounts email is now working. For the first time in the weeks I have been reporting this problem I now have two homecall accounts running in MS Outlook that pass the inbuilt test and load emails without a fuss.
My final thought, if all else fails, TalkTalk might try listening to its customers!
An udpaate. No significan problems with email since, just a few times one day when my password was not recognised but responded when I clicked the retry button.
As part of the fix I was supplied a new Huawei superrouter in place of the previous D-link version because a secondary issue was a drop in speed over the past year. Intially this new router although reporting a connection speed similar to what I had a year ago it downloaded much slower. Now it has been reset a few times it is back close to past performance. Measured download is now 31.3 mbps compared to 24 before this issue. (Last year was regularly over 32).
Upload is 5.8mbps but this has not been a problem.