email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors downloading email with homecall account with MS Outlook but webmail ok.

KannyKen
Whizz Kid
Message 47 of 47

The problem  has been around for months but initially was only occasional but now is nearly all the time. MS Outlook 2016 fails to connect to my two homecall.co.uk email accounts but my two talktalk.net accounts hardly ever have a problem. There is a variety of error messages from timing out, other program accessing my account, connection reset  or even asking for my password.

I suspected my internet security software so temporarily disbabled the email functions in it but made no difference.

My system is a PC connected by ethernet to my router. My ipad never has a problem connection to icloud email via wifi to the same router. My wife has a laptop and a homecall.co.uk email address but uses Mozilla Thunderbird and not seen erros on her system although it is used far less.

Some people call me Victor Meldrew. I don't believe it!
0 Likes
46 REPLIES 46

Message 41 of 47

Hi KannyKen,

Which version of Windows is your Laptop running? Is your wifes laptop running the same version?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 42 of 47

I seem to get the dowload error more times than not. Even had it once with a talktalk.net account. Never a problem sending although I do not send as many emails as I receive. I looed at some of the information you directed me to but to be honest am a bit confused by it all and need to find time to work it out.

0 Likes

Message 43 of 47

Hi KannyKen,

How has the account been since your last post, is the issue intermittent?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 44 of 47

I spoker too soon. Both accounts just failed. One says

Task ************@homecall.co.uk - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC1A) : 'Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP) for additional assistance.'

(I do not have encryption set to on)

The other says

Task **********@homecall.co.uk - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

0 Likes

Message 45 of 47

Thank you for the advice. I am reluctant to remove the account from outlook and recreate it as having tried that in the past I get problems with email folders and get duplicates which makes searching and backup complicated. There is a function to repair an account but that failed at the first step as it could not access the mail server. I tried the "change" option without actually changing the data and it seemed to help with one mail account and not the other. Finally, I used the MS Office online repair option which re-installs the whole of Office 365. I have tried that in the past to no avail but so far today, over the past hour or so mail has arrived without any errors.

If it stays good my my next moan will be about connection speed getting lower and lower but thats in another froum!

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 46 of 47

Hi KannyKen, have you tried removing and readding the mailbox from your client?  You can check your mail settings in theemail setting help article.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes