email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever-decreasing circles

Gill Davey
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

I know! An all-too familiar scenario...

I can't log into my email account. 'Password Incorrect', though it has worked in the past!!

If I try resetting it, the system wants to send me a link...to my inaccessible email account! If I try to log into 'MY ACCOUNT' , it asks for my email password. (aaaargh!)

If I try to use the forgotten password link, I get to a page which offers to send me either(again) a link to my broken email account or a code to a backup phone which I lost years ago.

I have spent hours trying to resolve the problem by speaking to an international help line,. I would have thought that they could easily reset my password and send a link to my new mobile phone so that I could enter a new password. Seemingly not.

Eventually after much frustration, I did persuade someone to enter my new backup phone number into my account. Tried logging in, and the old number still comes up!

I am desperate to get a solution,  because I am administering my husband's estate after a recent bereavement. Please help. I know I am to blame for not keeping up to date, but that's what happens when you get old and forgetful.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Gill Davey, please answer the questions in the below link to enable us to access your account and help with your questions:
 https://smm.page.link/ojKTyV8PCU9xRxFq5

If you don't have a Telephone Enquiry Password, follow our guide to create one or select the "I don’t have a password" link to answer some different questions. Setting up your telephone password

Thanks 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 8

Hi Gill Davey, I can raise the request to get the password reset details changed. I've sent you a personal message to get the additional information I need.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gill Davey
First Timer
Message 3 of 8

Once again Gondola, I am grateful for your assistance. . I tried the link that you sent for Webmail and it failed. It offered to send a link to my phone, but I no longer have the phone. The help line person I spoke to promised to enter my new phone into my account, but that hasn't happened.

All I can find in my paperwork is my account number and my non-functioning password. I can't find a telephone enquiry password anywhere. I can verify myself with my bank card details (which I use to settle my account) and by any other personal details that are held on the TalkTalk system. I am so used to having someone else acting for me, that I haven't needed to remember these important details. I hope that with your intervention,  my emails will be restored and the continuing stress and worry of being without them will be removed. I will wait to hear from the Support team early next week, I hope.  Thanks again.

Gill.

Message 4 of 8

The request is in the TalkTalk Support workflow so I'll be looking out for a TalkTalk reply to you right here next week. 

Further verification is likely so I'm hoping you know your customer MyAccount telephone enquiry password. Characters from that may be asked for by Personal Message (PM) that's going to be seen by selecting your avatar top right of this page, when signed in to Community, and then tapping the envelope icon when PM's are enabled. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 5 of 8

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it.

A friend helped me to try and log in, but because my password doesn't work, we couldn't get anywhere. Unfortunately, in the past I have always relied on someone else to maintain my account, but that person is no longer available. I only have a tablet and I am used to just opening the tablet and entering my password to get my emails. The password is now rejected and if I try to access my account,it wants my email and password!  So I can neither access my account or my emails.  I am sure my helper tried to access webmail, but the password failed again.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 8

Just, more in hope than expectation, can you sign into webmail? 

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Let me know if you can sign in because that would enable you to recover the password from the browser if you're using a saved login. 

Let us know what happens.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

Hi Gill Davey 

You're correct in expecting Customer Service to verify you with your telephone enquiry password and see the email is shown in your customer MyAccount and therefore be able to set up password recovery reset details to cover your fail to keep those reset details up to date. 

Don't worry. I'll alert TalkTalk Mail Support for you. They'll reply here early next week and set up the missing/out of date password recovery reset details. 

That'll enable you to set a new ultra-strong and unique password.