email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ex pipex customer:homecall webmail bern hacked

Worrymenot
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi.

I have joined the community today. I have been receiving emails to my homecall email address to tell me it was hacked 6 months ago. I can't change my password on the account and I really want to. Im no longer a customer and i dont know what to do

Worrymenot
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Worrymenot, please post back once you've added the information requested in Gondola's post. I'll be able to get the fault ticket raised for you straight away for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Worrymenot

Worry not. Chances are unless you've actually seen suspicious activity in your sent or junk / trash / deleted folders like emails you haven't sent or have other linked accounts with fraudulent activity then the account hasn't been hacked just targeted with scam emails that are part of a current global scare scam.  They'll try and scare you by spoofing your email address so it looks as though it came from your own email account.

But if the password isn't strong then you're wise to have it upgraded.

First, you'll need to prove you're the registered user of the email. Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) your name, current address and phone numbers and then scroll down and add all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number linked to the homecall email address when first registered (when you were with pipex for example)
  • Full postal address linked to the homecall email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team
    (for security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them)
  • Save changes.

The TalkTalk Community support team will verify the user details recorded for the email address. The email expert will reply here to help with account or password recovery.  It will take a few days as the homecall email admin team will need authorisation to change the password.

Let me know if you have experienced suspicious activity in relation to the email account and I'll offer more specific help.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes