email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAO OCE Staff: Pipex email password change not recognised...?

Brigman2
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 15

Hi all, can see from other posts on the forum that plenty of current/former 'legacy' email users have recently received phishing emails of a similar sort to the ones I got last night - claiming that Pipex email accounts have been compromised (and providing some details of passwords as supposed evidence of authenticity)

One of my responses was to jump on my TalkTalk control panel and immediately change the passwords of all my email accounts through Manage Webmail. However, 12 hours on from changing them, both email client (Thunderbird) *and* Pipex Netmail are still accepting the old, possibly compromised, passwords to all those accounts - and *not* the new ones.

Is there an expected delay between changing these passwords in the control panel and the change actually taking effect in the servers - or is there another problem?

For obvious reasons would appreciate a quick steer in the right direction, especially if further steps are necessary to get the passwords changed.

BTW am posting from a new Community account as my old one was tied to an email address that's potentially compromised so didn't want notifications going to it, just in case. Will put some authentication info in private bit of this profile now.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi Brigman2,

I can see that our network team have contacted you, I've requested another callback after 6pm today

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi Brigman2,

OK, thanks. I'm chasing this up with our network team, you don't hear anything back within the next 24 hours can you bump the thread again

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi Chris, as of just now, still operating on the old passwords.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi Brigman2,

How are you getting on, has the mail box stopped working yet?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Okay, it's Friday, and no news from the mail crew as yet, and the mailboxes are still operating on their old passwords. emoticon.quiet.title

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 15

I'm afraid there's not much we can do. The team doing the resets is small and extremely busy. Has the mailbox stopped working yet? If it has then the password will be ready for you.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Thanks Ady. Is there anything you could do to expedite? It's already five days since the original report.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Thanks, I've raised the fault ticket for you. It can take 3-5 days to get the password reset by the Email Admins. Please post back to chase me on Friday if you've not already heard anything. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Mobile number set to account holder now. emoticon.thumbsup.title

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi Brigman2, is the mobile number for the account holder? We have to do the reset for the account holder, if they want to pass the call to someone more technical that's fine, but they'll first have to clear security checks.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Thanks Ady, all the info you need should be in the profile now.

The mobile number listed should be pretty contactable, but if not answered, please send a text with a number/person I can phone back 🙂

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi Brigman2, the MyAccount database and Pipex mail database can't communicate so I'll have to get the passwords reset directly for you. Please add ALL of the following to your private notes in your profile:

Email address affected.

Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Mobile contact number.

Phone number linked to email address

Full postal address email is linked to.

Once you've added that post back to let me know and I'll raise a fault ticket to get this sorted for you.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

Hi @Brigman2

I'd drawn your request to the attention of the TalkTalk Community (OCE) Team and I'd expect this to be picked up on Friday.

Although you can add pipex email addresses to your MyAccount > Manage Webmail area, my understanding is that there is no direct connection between the password change process and the pipex email platform. The password change, I believe, relies on the email admins authorising it. 

The OCE will verify your email ownership and will authorise a change of passwords. It'll take just a few days with the email admins so early next week you should be back in play with secure passwords.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Brigman2
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 15
Further to the above, my main TT control panel login took on the new password the moment I set it on the associated email account - but the mail itself is still using the old passwords. Some knowledge really appreciated 🙂
0 Likes