Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

FAO of an OCE only, re Help please re spam

9 REPLIES 9
I8this
Philosopher

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email-Webmail/Help-please-re-spam/td-p/2116722/page/6

Could an OCE read my posts about the erroneous sentence about including the email Header of a reported abuse/spam/phishing email that an OCE was going to get someone to look at all that time ago.

And let us have an answer to this.

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all.
I8this
Philosopher

A week gone by and still no input from an OCE.

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions. If you have nothing nice to say, then say nothing at all.
I8this
Philosopher

Got this message this morning.

Did you get the answer you needed?

Hey I8this,

I8this (Wizz Kid) mentioned you in a post! Join the conversation below.

Re: FAO of an OCE only, re Help please re spam

A week gone by and still no input from an OCE.

So the answer must be a resounding no, as no OCE has had the good manners to reply.

I8this
Philosopher

Now the 27th Feb and still no input from an OCE.

So much for the 'You will get a reply in 2 to 5 days'

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi l8this, can you just confirm that your issue is with the wording of the help article for spam? If it is what would you like it to say? 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

I8this
Philosopher

Hi Ady

Thank you for your reply.

Its about the wording in the replies from TT,s Security Team when a email user has reported abuse/spam/phishing emails to them that did included the Header.

At present that reply reads as if the sender did not include the Header when the sender knows it did.

IE:-

Thanks for contacting the Customer Security team; this is an automated response to confirm that we’ve received your report.

What do we need from you?

We need the header information from the email - this helps us track where the email came from and the journey it took to land in your inbox. Once we have this, then we can identify the source network and raise a complaint.

May I suggest that this line:-  'We need the header information from the email' is changed to read:- 'We need the header information from the email, if you have not already done so'

Regards

OCE_Ady

I'll pass this on to the communications team and let you know their response when I have it. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

I8this
Philosopher

Thank you.

OCE_Ady

You're welcome. 

I8this
Philosopher

Hi Ady

As yet, I see that this simple change of wording has not been made. Do you know if it will be done so in the new email system when it is implemented?

Cheers