email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook and instagram emails not being received on tiscali email

Afe20
Popular Poster
Message 19 of 19

Hi 

I'm trying to password reset my instagram account that my tiscali email is linked to. But I'm not receiving these emails. I've noticed that i haven't been receiving emails from both Facebook and Instagram (the same social media network) for some time now and I'm starting to believe that it is a TT fault/block, as I can see that the emails from the social media sites have been sent.

I've reset my tiscali password, updated my reset details, checked spam folder, checked home safe was off, checked I can send and receive emails (I can) and checked my email filters but nothing works. Please can someone help as its important 

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Nothing yet I'm afraid. I've sent a chaser for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 19

Hi 

Is there any updates on your side as I still cannot see emails from Facebook or instagram

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi, if you mean the email address facebook is trying to access, yes it's in my personal information

0 Likes

Afe20
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 19

Hi, if you mean the email address facebook is trying to access, yes it's in my personal information

0 Likes

Message 5 of 19

Hi Afe20, do we have the full sending address? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

It may take a few days based on past similar queries. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Afe20
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 19

Thank you, when should I expect to hear feedback?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

I'll ask TalkTalk Mail Support to check your tiscali email address for inbound mail from Facebook at around 7:50GMT today. 

Afe20
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 19

Hi I have changed the email linked to my Facebook account to a hotmail which did work and I received it. When I changed it back to tiscali it changed effectively on the Facebook server but I didn't receive the email. Is there anything else that can be done?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

The Facebook mail sender may have suppressed sending even though the user is told that mail has been sent. So, without Facebook Support help to reset the sender the workaround is to use an alternative verification method / change the email address that won't be suppressed and check that works before changing the email address back which should then reset their system for you.

Afe20
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 19

I can't currently do that with instagram as I'm locked out and trying to get back in with that email that's not receiving. I have reset my Facebook login email (as its the same login details I use for instagram) but I still didn't receive an email from them. I checked on Facebook and they have sent it but its still not been received in my inbox

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

I get the feel that Insta and Facebook are suppressing sending. This can happen if there's an issue with getting mail delivered. But what we've just worked through indicates deliverability is currently good. 

What I'd do is change the email address to reset the sending. Prove they are sending, then change the email address back. 

0 Likes

Afe20
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 19

I have checked the email is correct and it is. There was also a time that I was receiving emails from them so I know it did once work

0 Likes

Message 14 of 19

Ok, if you see the no rule defined message when re-checking Filter rules then there is nothing set up in your mailbox to stop the messages from Insta or Facebook appearing in your Inbox. 

Have you been able to sign in to check Insta and Facebook accounts to confirm that the email address is listed correctly? 

Afe20
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 19

I check the rule filters - nothing is there 

The message I sent to myself with my email address was sent and received 

I view my messages online on the talktalk mail website either mobile or desktop versions 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 19

Some details of the checks would be nice. Did you see the no rule defined message when re-checking Filter rules?

And the message sent to yourself is still in the Inbox?

You didn't say how you normally collect/ view your mail messages...

Afe20
Popular Poster
Message 17 of 19

Hi I've updated my personal information and done all the things you have suggested but still receiving the emails from Facebook or Instagram!

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 18 of 19

Hi Afe20 

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile, Personal Information (here):

• Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add your tiscali email address(es), notes and references etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Have you checked via the TalkTalk Mail webmail sign in?

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your tiscali email address and password, select Sign in.

Check the  Inbox first and then check  Spam and  Trash folders for mail messages that may have been diverted from the Inbox. Bear in mind the spam and trash folders normally contain mail not older than 30 days.

Compose and self-send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

• To check, select the Main Settings menu icon      triple line icon top right on the blue header
    (Mobile browser? use the desktop version)
  • Select Settings from the top of the menu
  • Select the inward facing arrowhead by Mail (or Email) in the left side panel
  • Select Filter Rules
    If there's no rule defined, that's perfect
  • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the Dustbin icon    to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red    
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

Let us know of any error message, or if mail did not arrive in the Inbox or disappeared from the Inbox. 

Let us know if you found Filter Rules? If you didn't set those up then your mailbox password has been discovered. 

How do you normally collect / view your mail messages?