Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Failure notice from mailer-daemon@yahoo.com

2 REPLIES 2
Sylvie68
First Timer

Not able to send emails just getting failure notice saying they are experiencing malacious attacks coming from my IP and have placed it on their greylist due to security reasons. I did call Talk Talk and they said they were having server problems but thought this sounded more serious. Anyone else having this problem. I'm accessing internet and receiving emails ok. Thanks

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Sylvie68 

You'd normally receive the failure notice from Yahoo Mail when sending from Yahoo Mail to email addresses that don't exist or to addresses that have blocked your incoming mail.

If a spammer has hacked your Yahoo Mail account and attempted to send spam to random addresses or when your yahoo email address is being spoofed than that's when you get the mailer-daemon bounceback. 

Compromised or spoofed accounts 

The important thing is if your yahoo mailbox has been compromised to change its password.

If you've received the mailer-daemon mail message in any other way then let us know the full message and exactly what email address it was sent to i.e. what you were doing at the time to get the message.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Sylvie68, please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.